Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

Ohhh tie a yellow ribbon round the old fa cup,the football association can fuck off,cos peps pissed you off,hows that needs tweaking but it’s a good start

Pmsl this could cost us Pep.

If he did it in Spain he’d probably be punished far more severely

He will get a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine. The publicity will draw far more attention to the cause he is backing so job done as far as our Pep is concerned

Dont think Pep will stop wearing it and its interesting that UEFA rules have changed to only ban OFFENSIVE political statements........
Man City boss Guardiola unfazed by possibility of suspension over yellow ribbon
  • Pep Guardiola intends to continue wearing a yellow ribbon in support of imprisoned Catalan politicians.
The Manchester City manager has been sporting the symbol on his breast in public for the past month.

Guardiola explained his reasons for doing this in early November but it went largely unreported until it was commented upon by his Manchester United counterpart Jose Mourinho on Friday.

Speaking ahead of Sunday's derby between United and City, Mourinho suggested he would be punished if he made a political statement in such a way.

Asked about this issue again after the match, Guardiola said: "I do that because in Spain for two specific people who defend something like the vote, something the people in command do not agree (with), are in prison. It's unfair.

"To make a rebellion on something like that, you have to be something tough to be in prison. And they are still there. So, until they are not out, always here (points to ribbon) will be shared with me.

"Because, OK, they can suspend me for doing that, but the other people are in jail."

Guardiola was specifically referring to politicians who were imprisoned for their involvement in the Catalonia independence referendum, which was declared illegal by Spain, in October.

Guardiola, 46, was born in Catalonia and is one of the region's highest-profile sportspeople, having played for and managed Barcelona.

His ribbon gesture has not breached any football regulations. After changing its rules this season, European governing body UEFA now bans only offensive messages from being displayed and that position is shared by the Football Association.

But Guardiola says his feelings are so strong on this issue that a punishment would not concern him.

"If they want to suspend me - UEFA, Premier League, FIFA - it's OK," he said.

The hilarious part of this entire affair is that the FA do not realise that, should they ban Pep and he continues to show resolve in the face of it, their actions are likely to further galvanise our squad (siege mentality), not disrupt our conquest.

wear one of these

yellow_ribbon_womens_dark_tshirt.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.