Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has been charged for breaching the FA's kit and advertising regulations. The Spaniard's sanction is for "wearing a political message, specifically a yellow ribbon", said the Football Association. Guardiola said in November he wears the ribbon to support imprisoned politicians in Catalonia, where he was born. He has until 18:00 GMT on Monday 5 March 2018 to respond to the charge. The FA had spoken to Guardiola about the issue in mid-December and two formal warnings have been given which were ignored.

The charge was then triggered when he again wore it pitchside - he is free to wear it elsewhere - during City's shock FA Cup loss against Wigan on Monday. Guardiola had said in November: "If one day in prison was already too much, look how many days they've been there now. "Like everybody knows, hopefully sooner or later I can stop wearing it (the ribbon). All the politicians that are in prison, I hope they can leave and go back home soon with their families and continue living the lives they deserve."

When people wear yellow ribbons when relatives or loved ones go missing is that a political message? This is one all mighty cock up by the FA...not sure they have thought it through very well.

He's worn it all season , and 48 hours before a cup final they decide to charge him , what a surprise , maybe if we win , we can tie a big yellow ribbon around the League Cup trophy alongside the blue and white , that would be a big F8ck off to the f.a.rce

What would happened if all of the City supporters showed up in yellow bibs (easily to get) on Sunday?

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has been charged for breaching the FA's kit and advertising regulations. The Spaniard's sanction is for "wearing a political message, specifically a yellow ribbon", said the Football Association. Guardiola said in November he wears the ribbon to support imprisoned politicians in Catalonia, where he was born. He has until 18:00 GMT on Monday 5 March 2018 to respond to the charge. The FA had spoken to Guardiola about the issue in mid-December and two formal warnings have been given which were ignored.

The charge was then triggered when he again wore it pitchside - he is free to wear it elsewhere - during City's shock FA Cup loss against Wigan on Monday. Guardiola had said in November: "If one day in prison was already too much, look how many days they've been there now. "Like everybody knows, hopefully sooner or later I can stop wearing it (the ribbon). All the politicians that are in prison, I hope they can leave and go back home soon with their families and continue living the lives they deserve."

When people wear yellow ribbons when relatives or loved ones go missing is that a political message? This is one all mighty cock up by the FA...not sure they have thought it through very well.
His ribbon gesture has not breached any football regulations. After changing its rules this season, European governing body UEFA now bans only offensive messages from being displayed and that position is shared by the Football Association

fa is conservative establishment of english football. so no surprises for me. there are protectionist almost in all terms. all positive things, foreign investments, top-class coaches and players are effort of premier league organization and richard scudamore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.