Guardiola press conference (27th July 2016)

I am a tad worried...

There we were with an easy, pre-season friendly arranged with an under achieving mid table team...

...and now there is a possibility of us playing a rufty-tufty Championship or League 1 side desparate to look good against a big team.

Ooops... better get back on topic...

I have a feeling I am going to really enjoy Pep's press conferences this season...

JJ

We're also all listening like crazy because we're desperate to know how we'll line up. It's like reading tea leaves, the man can't fart without someone saying it's a sign that he'll play a 2-5-1-2 with a false centre half tucked in between two traffic cones. I just spend all day giddy with excitement when I think of it all.
pretty much the same bud..

Yep. Fernandinho for captain. He's such a quality footballer. One of our best buys.

It's so refreshing seeing a different style of management. The players are clearly engaging.

I like how he singles players out for praise. It's something Manuel would never contemplate doing.

It's also pretty clear that Kompany is quite a distance from being fit. By the time he is, we will be in a position where we are fairly settled and I think he will have a job getting back into this team. Under Manuel as soon as he was fit he was in. That's because our cohesion defensively was horrendous and one or two players have alluded to that already. I don't think Pep will drop somebody purely for the sake of it being the club captain. I really don't.

If we are playing well enough and not conceding goals he is going to have to work incredibly hard to get in.
pellers did praise individuals, stop making shit up

Rewriting history.

"Kelechi is a player with an important role at this club. He played very well and his contribution is important. I am very pleased. To score a hat trick is not easy, I'm impressed because I see him in the way he works every day and how he's improving in every session working with these important players.

"I am very happy for both of them because they receive a lot of criticism. If you review the complete performance during the year, I think that they are doing well." - On Mangala and Otamendi vs. PSG

"He's a young player - he's starting his career - and knows how to deal with the pressure. He will maybe receive the same treatment when he arrives at Anfield but I'm absolutely sure he can play without any problem. "I don't have any doubt at all. It is important for him to play under pressure. I have 100 per cent trust in Raheem and I am sure he will be an important player in the game.

Pellegrini often praised individual players - you've completely invented the idea that he wouldn't. He was much more reserved, no one will deny that, but then again, Pep's been shown in the past to not mean all the praise he often heaps on players. It wasn't long ago he made his famous "Team of Dante's" comment, just before selling him.

Anyway, I'm delighted Pep seems to have taken a liking to Fernandinho, and would love him to be captain in Kompany's absence. He's always been a criminally underrated player outside the City fanbase.

This. Why does getting Pep have to mean that everything Pellegrini did was useless. Look at all the deadwood Pep has to deal with now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.