guess next season's squad

Team for Sunderland with less than 3 weeks to go.

Hart

Sagna
Otamendi
Mangala
Clichy

Fernandinho
Yaya

De Bruyne
Silva
Nolito

Aguero

Somewhat underwhelming. But still a very good side. Hopefully there will be action later on in the window. But it seems any signing now will be too soon for the Sunderland game, seeing as they'll need a couple of weeks to integrate into the squad and into peps philosophy.

Very underwhelming but I think you will be right, three weeks isn't enough time to buy a player and get them into training with the first team squad long enough to command a starting place

Honestly all these young wingers make me think pep is setting up for the long haul. at least 5-6 years.

Can you imagine in 5-6 years though... if he stays that long

roberts/sane/zinchenko kelechi/brahim/ambrose GJ/sterling/moreno

Not to mention all the others in our acad but will be hard for them after looking at that. I mean there's no way the 3 or 4 of those that win out for a starting spot in the long haul doesn't = one of the best front 3's on the planet. I mean it's super early days for all this lol but come on now...

I've watched enough of GJ and brahim to know they are without a doubt the real deal. I mean I'm talking Neymar Messi right there, potentially. Kelechi is as cool as you like and has that killer poacher instinct. He's just always snagging a goal. Mr. samuel eto'. For me they're shoe-in's. Don't know enough about any of the others but they too all have ridiculous hype.

Then the defense.. Stones angelino maffeo possibly bellerin snagged denayer if he stays...

Pep's pull for transfers is just too much. We've officially made it. I am so looking forward to watching this club's development over the next few years.

Honestly all these young wingers make me think pep is setting up for the long haul. at least 5-6 years.

Can you imagine in 5-6 years though... if he stays that long

roberts/sane/zinchenko kelechi/brahim/ambrose GJ/sterling/moreno

Not to mention all the others in our acad but will be hard for them after looking at that. I mean there's no way the 3 or 4 of those that win out for a starting spot in the long haul doesn't = one of the best front 3's on the planet. I mean it's super early days for all this lol but come on now...

I've watched enough of GJ and brahim to know they are without a doubt the real deal. I mean I'm talking Neymar Messi right there, potentially. Kelechi is as cool as you like and has that killer poacher instinct. He's just always snagging a goal. Mr. samuel eto'. For me they're shoe-in's. Don't know enough about any of the others but they too all have ridiculous hype.

Then the defense.. Stones angelino maffeo possibly bellerin snagged denayer if he stays...

Pep's pull for transfers is just too much. We've officially made it. I am so looking forward to watching this club's development over the next few years.

Been thinking the same thing mate. Take a look at the ages!

Raheem Sterling (21)
Leroy Sane (20)
Kelechi Iheanacho (19)
Patrick Roberts (19)
Oleksandr Zinchenko (19)
Gabriel Jesus (19)
Marlos Moreno (19)

On top of that Brahim is 17 in a week and Sancho is 16! The future in attack is very blue :)

Edit: On top of that Manu Garcia is 18 and Bersant Celina is 19. We would just be stacked!

We could easily start the season with just Sane and Stones as our additional signings which means that we would have:

Keepers Hart, Caballero
Full Backs Sagna, Zabaleta, Maffeo, Clichy, Kolarov, Angelino
Centre Backs Kompany, Stones, Otamendi, Mangala, Denayer
Centre Midfield Yaya, Fernandinho, Fernando, Gundogan, Delph
Attacking Midfield/Wingers: Silva, KdB, Nasri, Navas, Sterling, Sane, Zinchenko
Forwards Nolito, Aguero, Kelechi, Bony

That squad has 1 Club produced player in Denayer, 2 U21 and Homegrown players (Maffeo and Angelino) and 5 home grown Player (Hart, Stones, Clichy, Delph and Sterling) with 21 free players so as it stands if Stones and Sane join we need to move 5 players out (possibly 4 if Zinchenko stays he is unlikely to be Champions League registered).

The likely candidates are Kolarov, Zabaleta, Bony, Nasri and Navas. I can see Mangala leave if we add another centre back and I've no doubt we would move Yaya if we could but that is looking less and less likely.

It's still a squad good enough to win the league but with question marks over centre mid (at least until Gundogan is back playing) and centre back.

Guessing something along the lines of:

1. Hart HG1 (association1)
2. Caballero
3. Lawlor/Gunn HG2 (club-trained1 / B-List)

4. Sagna
5. Zabaleta
6. Clichy HG3 (association2)
7. Angelino HG4 (club-trained2 / B-List)

8. Kompany
9. Otamendi
10. Stones HG5 (association3)
11. Denayer HG6 (club-trained3 / B-List)

12. Fernando
13. Fernandinho
14. Yaya
15. Delph HG7 (association4)
16. Gundogan
17. Nasri
18. Silva

19. De Bruyne
20. Sterling HG8 (association5)
21. Sane
22. Nolito
23. Aguero
24. Iheanacho
(25. G. Jesus)

I'm not entirely sure on the whole CL HG stuff but...

1 association player will have to take a 'foreign/free' spot so whilst we have just 16 foreign players we have no more room to sign another one (unless 1 association player sits out the CL)

As I understand it, Iheanacho can't be added to the B-List yet as he joined in Jan 2015, therefore he doesn't qualify until the knockout stage. At that stage Iheanacho can move to the B-List and G.Jesus can take his 'foreign/free' spot.

I thought Gundogan was injured and not available for selection until September.

Ter Stegen
Hart
Zabaleta
Sagna
Kompany
Bonucci
Otamendi
Stones
Clichy
Angelino
Fernando
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Toure
Nasri
Navas
Nolito
Sterling
Sané
Jesus
De Bruyne
Silva
Aguero
Iheanacho

GK: Hart, ter Stegen
DF: Zabaleta, Sagna, Kompany, Denayer, Otamendi, Stones, Clichy, Angelino
MF: Fernando, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Toure, Delph, Silva
FW: De Bruyne, Nolito, Sterling, Sane, Iheanacho, Aguero

ter Stegen

Sagna - Stones - Otamendi - Clichy

Fernandinho

Gundogan - Silva

Sane - Aguero - De Bruyne​

Sell: Caballero, Mangala, Kolarov, Nasri, Navas and Bony.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.