Guide to Other Teams Forums

Ducado

Team supported
City
I have been wanting to do this for a while, I really like reading what other fans think of us especially before (and after) we play them so in no particular order, please feel free to add more to the list

Starting with the United and Liverpool

United

Red Cafe
http://www.redcafe.net/forums/

For a Rag forum it's can be quite good, what makes it different is that the majority of posters are not from Manchester or even the UK so they don't see the rivalry that exists to many City are just another team, saying that there are sometimes some good discussions and many are far less partisan towards City than we are to them, they are quite tolerant of visiting supporters

Red Issue
http://www.redissue.co.uk/

Would like to tell you but it's locked for viewing, manly because it's the forum that likes to pull stunts when the going is good but are very quiet at the moment I can't think why

Liverpool
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/

No list would ever be complete without the addition of RAWK, famously known for it's intolerance of any opinion contrary to the prevailing group think , saying all that they do have some very good football discussions from time to time and they are quite tolerant of visiting supporters, Rawk is famous for it's poetry and songs which they tend to write for all kinds of occasions, and no forum produces hyperbole quite like RAWK, if you have not read it you need to like Red Cafe it seems that the vast majority of posters are not from UK

(to be Continued)

Last edited:
I had a look at grandoldteam before the Everton match. In the write up, they said we're a bunch of scruffs with yellow teeth.
Although I've just looked in the match reports section and they go from the away win at Southampton straight to the cup game against barnsley. I'm sure there was a game in between.
Even rawk isn't that bad!!!

Last edited:
although not a forum as such, the post match comments in the guardian are highly entertaining especially the spats that inevitably erupt. The arse supporters are hilarious, they have no sense of irony, or humour for that matter, the mickeys are almost a parody of themselves, chavs follow jm's " everyones against us" line, spuds....are more likely to admit to being beaten by a better team, unlike the rags. The minute-by-minute report is pretty good too, can be quite funny too.

Good thread OP.
I agree about your comments on Red Cafe but think you are being too kind about RAWk. The mind set on there is scary and reading threads is almost pointless. Arsenals forum is very interesting and literate. You need time to read their often lengthy posts. Their sense of entitlement and arrogance underpins many of the threads however and you keep finding yourself thinking 'tarquin'. If you need to raise your bllod pressure that is the place to go and read their take on FFP....
I do find it illuminating coming back on Blue Moon after looking at other clubs forums. On here often seems more bruising and clique driven with core posters dominating discussions. Blue on Blue mouthing off etc. However this does also give the forum a real community (beyond football) feel that others seem to lack. Popcorn, muffin, Clarkies etc. And it feels good to be home!

Interesting you are being positive about Red Cafe. I only ever go on their when I see a link (generally) on here and it's to threads that make the place look like a playground.

Of course, you could look at selective threads on here and think exactly the same. Goes to show that other than certain 'stereotypes' (such as net spend with Arsenal, biggest team in the world with Man U and best club in the world with Liverpool) we're all pretty much the same as groups of supporters...or at least the 'sensible' ones are.

I thought I'd also point out I joined here in 2004 when I was made redundant and whilst the place has grown immensely and there seems to be a different element posting the 'core group' have a similar mindset to back then.

I'm currently on here a bit more as made redundant again last month. It's too bloody quick nowadays though - you stay off for an hour and the thread you were looking at has another 20 pages (and not just the match day ones).

Interesting you are being positive about Red Cafe. I only ever go on their when I see a link (generally) on here and it's to threads that make the place look like a playground.

Of course, you could look at selective threads on here and think exactly the same. Goes to show that other than certain 'stereotypes' (such as net spend with Arsenal, biggest team in the world with Man U and best club in the world with Liverpool) we're all pretty much the same as groups of supporters...or at least the 'sensible' ones are.[/QUOTE.]

This is very true. Visiting a site based on a link posted by a blue will often pick out the ludicrous or stupid. We are made to look like really thick and bitter on other sites in the same way. We are also shown as abusive and aggressive with plenty of examples offered. We get royally ripped for our 'media bias thread' At the end of the day it does not matter what other fans think. I do however find it useful to look at some things from a none blue perspective and see other dimensions and perspectives.

YesThis is very true. Visiting a site based on a link posted by a blue will often pick out the ludicrous or stupid. We are made to look like really thick and bitter on other sites in the same way. We are also shown as abusive and aggressive with plenty of examples offered. We get royally ripped for our 'media bias thread' At the end of the day it does not matter what other fans think. I do however find it useful to look at some things from a none blue perspective and see other dimensions and perspectives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.