Guillem Balague latest on players

THEBLUEDONKEY

We are in trouble as a species if people refuse to
sorry if already posted but had a flick through ad couldnt find it so here anyway, delete or merge if need be ..as we all thought really

Predictably, questions relating to Manchester City are dominating the transfer rumour and gossip section at the moment, and the following question from one of our readers, Ash, is typical:

"Hi Guillem: As you seem to be the only person talking any sense at the minute surrounding the great Manchester City media frenzy could you possibly answer me one question. Does it look like City are actually going to buy anyone other than Wayne Brigde, if so which players look more likely to put pen to paper (or are all the rumours simply just rumours)."

Thanks very much for the compliments and Thanks for the question! Please keep them coming in!

Regarding what you say about talking sense – what I’m trying to do is shed some light on this very confusing transfer business by dealing only in facts and trying to avoid speculation. So while it is often possible to confirm that a bid has been made, or rejected, it is impossible to predict what is going to happen in the future.

But the funny thing is, even though people respect the fact I’m trying to paint a picture of how things actually are at the moment, it doesn’t stop them from asking what is going to happen next – which takes us into the realms of speculation – which I’m, trying to avoid.

However, on this one occasion I’ll give you my opinion on what I think might happen at City, seeing as you’ve been so complimentary and so many people are looking for an opinion.

Does it look like City are actually going to buy anyone other than Wayne Bridge?

I would say yes; there will almost certainly be more signings at City.

As you say, there are an awful lot of rumours going around, many of which are untrue, and that is not going to stop.

Garry Cook and Mark Hughes are working very hard at identifying the right players and doing a very good job at identifying the areas that need strengthening. They know exactly the job they have on their hands and I sincerely hope that they are given a minimum of 12 months and the opportunity to see it through.

Who will they be signing?

Well that’s where we get in to speculation, but what I can tell you here is who the genuine targets are, based upon how things stand at the moment and the reliable information at hand. But remember, things will move and change very quickly this month and none of these are certainties to sign - which nobody can reliably predict - however:

I think that Roque Santa Cruz looks very likely.

Of the players being linked, it is also true that Scott Parker and Craig Bellamy are genuine targets and must be considered realistic. Kolo Toure is also a target and is also considered a possibility.

Of course, there has been a lot of rumours surrounding a really big name signing – and I know that this is more than mere press speculation. The club are trying to bring in at least one absolutely world class, big name player. A many of you have said, Man City realise that the signing of this kind of player will be key in attracting even more players of this calibre: it’s just a question of getting the first one to sign up.

So, the plan for this January is to bring in at least one of those big names, alongside the kind of players mentioned above – and that will set the wheels in motion for the summer and the new Man City project.

CTID

THEBLUEDONKEY said:
it’s just a question of getting the first one to sign up.

So, the plan for this January is to bring in at least one of those big names, alongside the kind of players mentioned above – and that will set the wheels in motion for the summer and the new Man City project.

What the fuck is Robinho then??? Average?????

FORZA CITY said:
THEBLUEDONKEY said:
it’s just a question of getting the first one to sign up.

What the fuck is Robinho then??? Average?????

He means in January.

Anyone that used to read Ajays posts could have written that reply, just a rehash without the insight into the ADUG mentality that Ajay had.

Adam Donnelly said:
Dont uderstand on the La Liga show
he said that the players what are being linked with City like Parker & Bellamy
are far from the truth and City are making bids for the likes of Toure at Barca
?????

im sure we are making bids for those types of players i guess he just means that parker, bellend etc are the types of players we are most likely to land as back up .and to me thats no bad thing its important we bring in players that are better than we have even if only marginally at least then if we fail the land a major star then we are a stroger prospect for the second half of the season putting us in a better position for the major work in summer, be that new players or new manager or both .. either way we are on our way boys and girls .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.