Gundogan - Back training 26th June '17

His hamstrings tendons have probably already been harvested to reconstruct the medial patello-femoral ligament when he had his knee cap stabilisation in May. They do reform.
Don't buy the stuff about his ACL being bought forward by his previous surgery...
He's just been really unlucky with this one.
He will probably have a patella tendon graft anyway for his ACL reconstruction it provides a stronger graft that the hamstring tendons. Depends on surgeon choice that.

There are pros & cons to graft selection and as you say, it's surgeon dependent. It's the same knee which will undoubtedly lead to concerns about the long-term stability of the knee but his rehab will surely need to minimize any lumbar strain. As Pep already pointed out, he will be out for awhile

Another one who can't read the post correctly.

What it said was - the amount of players we have signed since te taker over who were/are injury prone.

Kompany wasn't injury prone when we signed him and was signed prior to the takeover.

I've never known a club sign so many players with KNOWN issues before we even signed them!

People can argue all the want but who else would have signed RSC or Hargreaves for e.g.? Let alone some of the other gems.

Kompany wasn't injury prone? Complete fiction.

Last season at Anderlecht, misses 20 league games from a back injury.

He missed 28 league games in hist first season for Hamburg because of an Achilles injury.

He missed 12 league games the next season.

Kompany has been injury prone since he was a teenager.

Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan has undergone surgery after suffering a serious knee injury. Gundogan, who joined City from Borussia Dortmund for £20m in June, limped off in tears in his side's 2-0 win over Watford on 14 December. He is likely to be out of action for several months

77105997-24e2-42a9-9c93-cfef6da81008.png

Talented player, nice guy. Good luck with his recovery, hopefully he'll return stronger.

You can't fault his work rate IMO, really hope he comes back stronger. I'm sure he's frustrated by the injury and just wants to get back to playing. He's definitely a good addition IMO.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...s-long-term-injuries-gundogan-manchester-city

Thought this was an interesting read about players recovering from similar injuries. It's also a little bit kinder towards us regarding Gundogan shirt tribute!
I was at the Watford game and as I recall our 2 physios came on to attend to Gundogan as he went to ground ( the first time ) after the usual consultation between player/medical staff/ management it was decided he was fit to continue - about 7 or 8 minutes later he broke down and was carried off with a serious injury - surely this was a serious error of judgement - especially involving a player who has had so long out of the game recently - any other blues at the game notice this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.