Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your assuming we will play three in midfield

Delph and Fernando have been good enough as part of partnership with an inform Yaya or Fernandinho So that means only one more

If we play 2 in the middle could we really get away with three of starting quality and two back ups ?

I cannot see us getting rid of two midfielders who we have really only just bought and one of which is home grown
Well Pep changes formations readily, so I don't think it's a stretch to suggest we may well play with 3 in midfield at some point.

Delph/Fernando for me aren't top class midfielders. They're both decent midfielders who could be solid backups - but would you put them alongside the teams we want to compete with? Kroos, Modric, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic, Thiago, Xabi Alonso, Vidal etc. They're a step down I think you'll accept that.

Even if we only play a 2, I don't think having Fernandinho (31 next season) + Gundogan is enough depth, we'd need at least one more of similar quality. So I personally think we need at least 2 CM's; seems like one will be Gundogan which is a great start, but hope we get another in.

Well Pep changes formations readily, so I don't think it's a stretch to suggest we may well play with 3 in midfield at some point.

Delph/Fernando for me aren't top class midfielders. They're both decent midfielders who could be solid backups - but would you put them alongside the teams we want to compete with? Kroos, Modric, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic, Thiago, Xabi Alonso, Vidal etc. They're a step down I think you'll accept that.

Even if we only play a 2, I don't think having Fernandinho (31 next season) + Gundogan is enough depth, we'd need at least one more of similar quality. So I personally think we need at least 2 CM's; seems like one will be Gundogan which is a great start, but hope we get another in.

I like Delph, but just don't think he's good enough for us. The only midfielder who should be still here next season is Fernandinho. The rest are either not good enough or to old. Rebuilding our central midfield in the summer is so important. Pogba along with gundogan would be a fantastic start. Add both garcias and it looks a class midfield already.

I like Delph, but just don't think he's good enough for us. The only midfielder who should be still here next season is Fernandinho. The rest are either not good enough or to old. Rebuilding our central midfield in the summer is so important. Pogba along with gundogan would be a fantastic start. Add both garcias and it looks a class midfield already.
He's English & been injured half the season, had another half of it played on the left wing for some reason & hasn't had much chance to showcase what he's about in his favoured position. He deserves the chance to show his worth IMO, give him another season at least.

But yes, find myself agreeing that Fernandinho is our only midfielder of quality good enough to be competing with the teams we want to compete with. Gundogan + Pogba is the dream window, feel it's more likely to be Gundogan + someone else, but I hope there is someone else as just Gundogan seems to be leaving us short still.

He's English & been injured half the season, had another half of it played on the left wing for some reason & hasn't had much chance to showcase what he's about in his favoured position. He deserves the chance to show his worth IMO, give him another season at least.

But yes, find myself agreeing that Fernandinho is our only midfielder of quality good enough to be competing with the teams we want to compete with. Gundogan + Pogba is the dream window, feel it's more likely to be Gundogan + someone else, but I hope there is someone else as just Gundogan seems to be leaving us short still.

At this point even just Gundogan would represent a 500% increase in the quality of our midfield. We are crying our for some intelligence and control in the center of the park. I'd argue we're in far greater need of him than Pogba at the minute. Pogba is still sounding like a huge waste of money unless we have some crazy commercial deals to be trigged with his signing, but what use is that if we're languishing in 4th place? We could sort most of our squad issues for what he's going to cost alone.

When you say he's played "half the season on the left wing", don't you mean about 3 matches?

At this point even just Gundogan would represent a 500% increase in the quality of our midfield. We are crying our for some intelligence and control in the center of the park. I'd argue we're in far greater need of him than Pogba at the minute. Pogba is still sounding like a huge waste of money unless we have some crazy commercial deals to be trigged with his signing, but what use is that if we're languishing in 4th place? We could sort most of our squad issues for what he's going to cost alone.
Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.