Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point even just Gundogan would represent a 500% increase in the quality of our midfield. We are crying our for some intelligence and control in the center of the park. I'd argue we're in far greater need of him than Pogba at the minute. Pogba is still sounding like a huge waste of money unless we have some crazy commercial deals to be trigged with his signing, but what use is that if we're languishing in 4th place? We could sort most of our squad issues for what he's going to cost alone.
Bit confused at this response, I never suggested anything other than getting Gundogan is a great transfer. Nor did I suggest we get Pogba instead of Gundogan.

I suggested we get Gundogan + another CM, as I feel Gundogan + Fernandinho = great, Gundogan + Delph/Fernando = not good enough. An injury to Gundogan leaves us back at Fernandinho + Delph/Fernando, not good enough at the level we're aiming to be at. Getting Gundogan would be fantastic business in an area of significant weakness in my opinion, but getting Gundogan + someone of similar quality would be ideal.
When you say he's played "half the season on the left wing", don't you mean about 3 matches?
Delph has started 8 PL games I believe. If as you claim he's had 3 on the left wing then yes, 3/8 is fairly close to half actually..

But really, what's the point of your reply? You know I was just using half as a generalisation to show that he's rarely had a chance at CM thus I feel he deserves a chance before we label him as someone who needs offloading - playing dumb to post a snide comment seems somewhat pointless.

Last edited:
Bit confused at this response, I never suggested anything other than getting Gundogan is a great transfer. Nor did I suggest we get Pogba instead of Gundogan.

I suggested we get Gundogan + another CM, as I feel Gundogan + Fernandinho = great, Gundogan + Delph/Fernando = not good enough. An injury to Gundogan leaves us back at Fernandinho + Delph/Fernando, not good enough at the level we're aiming to be at. Getting Gundogan would be fantastic business in an area of significant weakness in my opinion, but getting Gundogan + someone of similar quality would be ideal.

Delph has started 8 PL games I believe. If as you claim he's had 3 on the left wing then yes, 3/8 is fairly close to half actually..

But really, what's the point of your reply? You know I was just using half as a generalisation to show that he's rarely had a chance at CM thus I feel he deserves a chance before we label him as someone who needs offloading - playing dumb to post a snide comment seems somewhat pointless.

No need to be confused, I was just using your post to give context and lead in to my own opinion. I didn't say you suggested either of the things you mentioned. You did say getting just Gundogan would be leaving us short, which I agree with, but I also think it would be a huge upgrade on our midfield even if he was the only person to come in, which says in equal parts how good I think he is, and how shit I think our current midfield is. The Pogba bit is just my personal ramblings :)

Thank you bud, hope you're right as he instantly makes our midfield better!
I agree, mate. I hope so too. All the signs seem positive so far, so I'm fairly positive he'll be ours.

Disclaimer: I'm not ITK. Just following the news closely.

No need to be confused, I was just using your post to give context and lead in to my own opinion. I didn't say you suggested either of the things you mentioned. You did say getting just Gundogan would be leaving us short, which I agree with, but I also think it would be a huge upgrade on our midfield even if he was the only person to come in, which says in equal parts how good I think he is, and how shit I think our current midfield is. The Pogba bit is just my personal ramblings :)
Fair enough :-P Guess it's just a waiting game now.

Looks like it's just a matter of agreeing a fee. Reckon this will be done soon, and that he'll be our first signing this summer.

Unfortunately 'agreeing a fee' with us tends to mean 'throwing money at clubs who only say yes when half their ribs are fractured from hysterical laughter and coughing fits of disbelief.'

I wouldn't mind us establishing a track record of walking away from piss taking clubs and agents. The world is full of players who can do a great job.

Unfortunately 'agreeing a fee' with us tends to mean 'throwing money at clubs who only say yes when half their ribs are fractured from hysterical laughter and coughing fits of disbelief.'

I wouldn't mind us establishing a track record of walking away from piss taking clubs and agents. The world is full of players who can do a great job.

We'd better not bother with the transfer market then.

We did with Hazard and Van Persie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.