Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you, but I think the days of us finding uncovered gems are over just because who we are as a club since the takeover. Since other teams know we have money the fee automatically goes up. Even look at the rags and Martial and how much he costed. Before that he was almost an unknown, but the price was still substantial. You can say it worked out for them now, but there are no guarantees a player would be worth the fee. Finding someone who isn't known is a risk and to me Dortmund and Atletico are more in the position to take a risk because they can say they aren't favorites to win their league.
Disagree with the last part mate, they are still challenging for their domestic titles and need the players who are of the quality to get them their, regardless of whether they are favourites to win the league or not. And uncovered gems can be found as they are still proving. It's not just gems that represent risk, all transfers represent some level of risk, gundogan may very well not settle in, may not get to full match fitness due to injuries ect ect

There is obviously always an 'if' when signing anyone but at just 25, and at the price quoted, Gundogan would be a fantastic addition to the team.

I hear you, but I think the days of us finding uncovered gems are over just because who we are as a club since the takeover. Since other teams know we have money the fee automatically goes up. Even look at the rags and Martial and how much he costed. Before that he was almost an unknown, but the price was still substantial. You can say it worked out for them now, but there are no guarantees a player would be worth the fee. Finding someone who isn't known is a risk and to me Dortmund and Atletico are more in the position to take a risk because they can say they aren't favorites to win their league.
Think it will happen from time to time. Adam Johnson and Boateng were both pretty close. Patrick Roberts may turn out good.

Hah, that's rich! You clearly don't if you think Gundogan is better defensively than Fernandinho.

Let me guess, you're one of these ignaramouses who believes defensive duties requires a good, thumping tackle???? His positional game affords him the ability to press, thus cutting out any Otaesque slides, you follow?

Let me guess, you're one of these ignaramouses who believes defensive duties requires a good, thumping tackle???? His positional game affords him the ability to press, thus cutting out any Otaesque slides, you follow?

Not at all. There is a reason why when Gundogan was at his very best (3/4 seasons ago), he was sat next to Bender who did the majority of the defensive work, allowing Gundogan the time and space to play his natural game. I guess given his superior defensive qualities, he could have played the part Fernandinho did for so long when partnering Toure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.