Half-term report

10/10 for the second half performance v Barc
8/10 for the derby win
0/10 for failing to close out Chelsea & Boro - we should have been at least 2 up in both games regardless of referees
2/10 for not thumping Everton and Southampton
0/10 for the Spurs and Leicester performances

We are conceding too many on the counter attack, can't get to the second ball, corners are still atrocious most of the time and the goalkeeper is left stranded too many times - and then doesnt cover himself in glory when in those situations.

Just need to keep on the coat tales of Chelsea - who are playing at their max at the mo - they will have a blip whereas we haven't hit top gear yet and considering we had our main striker out to win 3 out of 4 of those games is pretty decent. In previous seasons we have had major runs and then fell away so heres hoping for a repeat of the runs during the last 20 games of each of our title winning seasons. Certain players getting better by the game so fingers crossed.

39 points out of 18 is one more than our title winning season of 13/14 so we are certainly thereabouts.We were a win against Chelsea, which we should have won,from being one behind them. It feels like a not quite there yet issue because of the great run Chelsea are on.

Injuries haven't been kind to us, I still think the full backs don't fit the system regardless of their defending abilities and we could do with another main striker but we are thereabouts and that's where you need to be at this stage.Chelsea and Liverpool have a huge advantage not being in Europe though.

It's an exciting season...

Just need to keep on the coat tales of Chelsea - who are playing at their max at the mo - they will have a blip whereas we haven't hit top gear yet and considering we had our main striker out to win 3 out of 4 of those games is pretty decent. In previous seasons we have had major runs and then fell away so heres hoping for a repeat of the runs during the last 20 games of each of our title winning seasons. Certain players getting better by the game so fingers crossed.

If we replicate our last 20 games of 13/14 we would end up with 87 pts (83 pts if we replicate 11/12). So we would need Chelsea to pick up no more than 41 pts from their last 20 games, having picked up 46 pts from their first 18 games. That would be quite a significant loss of form by Chelsea, more than just a blip. Its possible, but it would mean that we would absolutely have to avoid the Feb dips that we often seem to have.

If we replicate our last 20 games of 13/14 we would end up with 87 pts (83 pts if we replicate 11/12). So we would need Chelsea to pick up no more than 41 pts from their last 20 games, having picked up 46 pts from their first 18 games. That would be quite a significant loss of form by Chelsea, more than just a blip. Its possible, but it would mean that we would absolutely have to avoid the Feb dips that we often seem to have.
Excellent stats cibaman - going to be tough but not impossible, a lot will depend on how Jesus and Sane develop in a short timeframe.

The chavs and dippers don't have the distraction and fatigue of CL football. That in itself is a big advantage, but Chelsea can't go on winning forever and once they do lose it could cause quite a confidence wobble after such a long stretch of wins. It wouldn't surprise me if the club prioritise the CL (seemed to be the case last season) and I'm sure team selections in the next two months will show if this is the case.

The chavs and dippers don't have the distraction and fatigue of CL football. That in itself is a big advantage, but Chelsea can't go on winning forever and once they do lose it could cause quite a confidence wobble after such a long stretch of wins. It wouldn't surprise me if the club prioritise the CL (seemed to be the case last season) and I'm sure team selections in the next two months will show if this is the case.

I dont think we will prioritise CL until there's breathing space between us and the club in 5th place. And we have 6 more PL fixtures before the Monaco game.I expect the FA Cup will get short shrift.

I dont think we will prioritise CL until there's breathing space between us and the club in 5th place. And we have 6 more PL fixtures before the Monaco game.I expect the FA Cup will get short shrift.
Seemed like a sensible compromise. Also the AFCON coming up which could affect a few teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.