Half-term report

5/10 from a results standpoint. If you looked at it objectively at the start then it's probably played out pretty close to expectation. We're third in the PL, finished second to barca and we're in the round of 16. Sounds about right to me. We've got a new system, new manager that's in a new league, poor FB's, aging squad, and a questionable backline.

4/10 from Pep. I wouldn't trade Pep for anybody else but I'm going to take some shots at him while I still can :). I was so hyped about that 150m war chest we we're getting. Teased with Pogba, Suarez, Sanchez, Aubameyang, Kroos, Bonucci, Kante, and so on. How does Pep decide to spend 100m of that 150m? He fucking goes on a bender hunting for 'pep players'. I hate that term so much! It comes off pompous and incredibly elitist to me. We spent 100 million on an injury prone creative midfielder, a punt on a 21 year old unproven cb, and 33 year old goal keeper who wears short sleeves. We already had 4 creative midfielders, a CB that still has Zlatan in his pocket, and a top 10 keeper!

Bravo...woof. Stones has been dropped for Aleksander Kolarov. Seriously?! Gundogan was inconsistent aaaanndd now he's out for a year. Here's a fun stat for you. Gundogan has missed 8 matches. City collect 8 wins! Stones has missed 4 matches. City collects 4 wins! 12/12 without these goofball pep boys. How's that for irony? To his credit though I was stoked to pick up Moreno, Jesus, and Zinchenko. I actually like Stones and Gundogan but I wanted those big boys!

4/10 from the players. Ratings based on my expectations for the year.
Disappointments: Kun (3/10), Stones (3.5/10), Bravo (2/10).
Surprises: Yaya (7/10 because he's only started 5 games). Raz (8/10 well done to Pep and Raz here). Kolarov (9/10 who'd have thought).
Getting the job done: KDB (most important player, incredible). Silva (very good, I underrate him always). Fernandinho (brilliant). Fernando (good to great by his standards). Sagna (does what's expected for me). Otamendi (I rate him, many don't).
They are what the are: Clichy, Zaba, Nolito, and Navas,
Incomplete: Kelechi and Sane.

I'm pretty optimistic about the second half actually. Pep will adapt and adjust. Kun, Sane, Stones, Otamendi, Bravo, Nolito, are almost guaranteed to improve. There's room for improvement with KDB (woodwork 6 times) and Silva. We have that phenom Jesus coming as well. I don't think we'll catch Chelsea, we might, but I think we'll make it close for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.