Happy 65th Birthday Tony Wilson

rushts said:
chabal said:
rushts said:
It's my birthday in 3 days.

Just thought i'd put it out there.

Yes, but your Wikipedia entry is somewhat disappointing.

It keeps getting hacked Mr Chairman.

I'm sure I could get it up and running again.

It wouldn't be a long entry mind.

Something to the point.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Completely up his own arse and his widow diddled my son out of a few hundred pounds that he was supposed to have earned working for her, which he needed to pay for a holiday and which she swore me she'd pay.

My first memory of him was in the mid-seventies when I was a young lad and having luncheon with mother at the Casa Espana in Rusholme [get me]. He was loudly telling jokes of a sexual nature to the enormous enjoyment of his acolytes.

My last memory of him, just a few years before his demise, was sat on the steps of the Cornerhouse having a fag and on the phone.

In between, there was So It Goes, Factory Records, the Hac, Dry Bar, In the City and so forth.

He was a completely self-obsessed intellectual snob who was too clever for his own good. However, my, he was clever and his influence over Manchester, the Manchester that I grew up in, was quite unique and inspiring. Yes, he did change the world and it is difficult to think of a Mancunian/Salfordian who changed the face of modern global culture more than him. A genius is rarely, if ever, an angel or anything near it. With that self-important and yet creative attitude to life, In reality, he couldn't have been from anywhere else, could he?

coleridge said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Completely up his own arse and his widow diddled my son out of a few hundred pounds that he was supposed to have earned working for her, which he needed to pay for a holiday and which she swore me she'd pay.

My first memory of him was in the mid-seventies when I was a young lad and having luncheon with mother at the Casa Espana in Rusholme [get me]. He was loudly telling jokes of a sexual nature to the enormous enjoyment of his acolytes.

My last memory of him, just a few years before his demise, was sat on the steps of the Cornerhouse having a fag and on the phone.

In between, there was So It Goes, Factory Records, the Hac, Dry Bar, In the City and so forth.

He was a completely self-obsessed intellectual snob who was too clever for his own good. However, my, he was clever and his influence over Manchester, the Manchester that I grew up in, was quite unique and inspiring. Yes, he did change the world and it is difficult to think of a Mancunian/Salfordian who changed the face of modern global culture more than him. A genius is rarely, if ever, an angel or anything near it. With that self-important and yet creative attitude to life, In reality, he couldn't have been from anywhere else, could he?

He was a complete arsehole. Carried to a large extent by Gretton & Erasmus amongst others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.