Happy birthday Mr Bell

Birthday greetings King Colin, you are still and always will be the greatest ever.

A wonderful player & modest man.

If he'd not been crippled by that rag thug....

The media much the same in them days, that rag thug was according to them such a very educated and intelligent man, wonderful player with no malice at all and most importantly he played the fcukin guitar.

What a great name sir and indeed my all time favourite City player having watched him countless times.I`ve no idea as to what he would cost nowadays and what a superb piece of business Big Malc did,for what £35K was it ?
As you say a true gentleman whose talking was done on the pitch.

"He's can't head the ball. He's no good with his left foot. Hope can't tackle."

Great player. Maybe our greatest ever.

Happy Birthday, Colin.

I remember his first goal when we got back to division 1. First home game was Liverpool, champions then, I think. Maine road packed with 63000, kippax heaving. Ball fell to Colin on edge of area, inside right position. Massive shouts of 'shoot'. In the net, no trouble. Roger Hunt missed a sitter, hit the post from 5 yards with only Dowd to beat. We won 2-1.

Of course, this could just be the foggy ramblings of an old fool.....unless you can confirm!

Spot on.

My Father,who was in the Army with Joe Mercer,was invited into Joes office for tea with Bill Shankly pre match like it was the most normal of things to do.

My old man was almost speechless.

Different times......different people.

Started watching City in 1968. We had some great players in that era. Im 57 now and Colin Bell is still for me Manchester City. He is for me the greatest player I ever watched at City. Thats no disrespect to the current stars we have who are also brilliant in there own ways. Bell though had so many attributes which made him the complet footballer, skilfull, fantastic in the air, ball winner, non stop running for 90mnts, goalscorer, great tackler. It still saddens me how his career effectively ended. I was there that night when it happened. Was at his testimonial. Met him at his restaraunt. What a player.What memories.

Happy Birthday Colin..a true legend.
As other posters have said the utd centre half who ended your career got off lightly...and has since been rewarded with a job at the FA.
For me,an obsessive u tuber..I just think of that cracking volley at Stamford Bridge to put City 1-0 up..a long cross from the left,the ball sits high and sails over the Chelsea defence to a waiting Bell who volleys it back across the keeper into the roof of the net.Stamford Bridge stunned into silence ,by class.
That's Colin Bell.Class.

A wonderful player & modest man.

If he'd not been crippled by that rag thug Colin could've played in a Cashmere overcoat till he was 40 & broken every record in football history.

Saw his debut & first goal away at Derby.......deflected in off his arse.

Beyond value today.

Luckily for me I was at that game too .... agree with everything that CPB says except ..... my recollection was that it went in off his knee .... but who cares.

It wasn't possible to imagine how good, sorry, great Colin would become .... he only had 2 serious injuries both inflicted by swamp dwellers.

Had the good fortune to meet Colin a small number of times, a really nice bloke and there was me in my 60's trying to talk with a lump in my throat

Many Happy Returns Colin .... Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Happy Birthday Colin..a true legend.
As other posters have said the utd centre half who ended your career got off lightly...and has since been rewarded with a job at the FA.
For me,an obsessive u tuber..I just think of that cracking volley at Stamford Bridge to put City 1-0 up..a long cross from the left,the ball sits high and sails over the Chelsea defence to a waiting Bell who volleys it back across the keeper into the roof of the net.Stamford Bridge stunned into silence ,by class.
That's Colin Bell.Class.
I was right behind it in the open end. Thought it was coming through the net! There wasn't silence where I was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.