Happy Birthday Skip.

I've had the pleasure of meeting and chatting to him a few times now and he's a really nice guy, true gent.

Here's to you Tony Book happy birthday a fantastic player who I watched so many times over the years as I grew up, have a top day skip................

It's great to see we look after our club legends. Always see our players so respectful to him as well. Great bloke tony!!

All the best Skip, seems like only yesterday I was sat on the barrier between the Kippax and windy corner watching and cheering him on.

Happy birthday Skip, to people of my generation (I was born 1961) you'll always be City's captain.

I meet him once when I was a little kid and City trained in Cheadle (about 300 yards from where I lived at the time!) and he was a real gentleman.

You couldn't wish to meet a nicer guy.

Hmmm, Park Rd, Councillor Lane or Demmings ? I am just about old enough that I caught the last year or so before they departed, looking over the fence from Brookhead during my breaks.

Hmmm, Park Rd, Councillor Lane or Demmings ? I am just about old enough that I caught the last year or so before they departed, looking over the fence from Brookhead during my breaks.

First block Chorlton Drive just off Stockport Road. I lived there from 1968 but went to Cheadle Primary. Most of the players and staff we're really approachable in them days. I remember going watching training once with my mum during the school holidays and all the kids mobbing Allison. He refused to sign any autographs so my mum said "give me your book" so I passed it to her. Needless to say I was that only kid that got his autograph that day! A different age back then but at least we finally have come good again. Not really relevant but Portugal trained at Cheadle in 1966. The older kids all had Eusebio's autograph!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.