Happy Birthday Skip.

Can only echo what others are saying about Skip, a great man so humble and genuine a true blue. On the football pitch was probably one of the hardest players in his generation. Happy Birthday and here's to many more Skip

sc8e3m.jpg

Happy Birthday Skip. Tony Book, the one constant in all my years supporting City, as a player, a manager and now ambassador. He deserves his place in our hall of fame as much as anyone.

I remember James(my lad) coming home and asking me who he was. He was only about 9 or 10 and I'd sent him to the local garage for something or other and he was wearing his City shirt. Some random bloke in there saw his shirt and started talking to him. Told him he's a good lad for following the blues and not like all those sheep who supported the rags. Then he said "I'm on my way to see my old mate Tony Book, you won't know him but ask your dad when you get home". I often wonder who it was and if it was an old player.

Old enough to watch him play and apart from being a gent he is a dyed in the wool blue, happy birthday Tony.

Seen Skip a few times in Sale and like already said many times in this thread,a true gentleman and a great ambassador for our great club. A true many happy returns TB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.