Happy Takeover Day! (7 years ago today)

Prestwich_Blue

It's the 7th anniversary of the takeover now and what a day that was! Not a whisper until the news broke but what a seven years it's been. Even more joyously, the rags appear to be tearing themselves into pieces. Who'd have thought on 1st September 2008, that seven years on we'd have won four major trophies and they appear to be on the brink of imploding.

I think the next seven years are going to be even better than the first seven

Can it really be seven years since our footballing lives were irrevocably changed on that sunny, surreal September afternoon in 2008?

I'm sure most of us remember where we were when we found out, but after years of disappointment, I'm also pretty certain most of us expected a hitch of some kind, or things to unravel at some point. How wrong we were.

When I think back, it's been such an incredible time. Full of incident and unforgettable moments. A hugely interesting, compelling and absorbing time to be a blue. It's been an incredible journey, following on from what went before, and it's been so much the better to share it with each other, especially those that shared the more..err...challenging times together.

Thank you Sheikh Mansour. You certainly changed many of our lives much for the better, myself included, and the best bit is that it's only just begun.

Can it really be seven years since our footballing lives were irrevocably changed on that sunny, surreal September afternoon in 2008?

I'm sure most of us remember where we were when we found out, but after years of disappointment, I'm also pretty certain most of us expected a hitch of some kind, or things to unravel at some point. How wrong we were.

When I think back, it's been such an incredible time. Full of incident and unforgettable moments. A hugely interesting, compelling and absorbing time to be a blue. It's been an incredible journey, following on from what went before, and it's been so much the better to share it with each other, especially those that shared the more..err...challenging times together.

Thank you Sheikh Mansour. You certainly changed many of our lives much for the better, myself included, and the best bit is that it's only just begun.
Bloody hell, you've done it now - the Sheikh will be gone in a month. FFS....

I remember being bewildered at first, getting excited, then the typical blue in me kicked in with that little voice telling me 'its way to good to be true you daft twat'...

Amazing times, we are the luckiest fans in the world, watching the current implosion in Salford makes me appreciate our owner and his staff even more.

If I could sum up the way it makes me feel in one gif...

daily-morning-awesomeness-35-photos-5.gif

;)

GDM, that last line gave me goosebumps. I was just thinking about how much pleasure this club has given me over the last 7 incredible, unforgettable years. We have been party to the most suvcessful period in the club's history.

And our momemtum now is palpable. In another seven years where will be be?

All I can remember was not being very impressed with the gobby little fucker who told all and sundry that money was no object and we would be signing everyone.He got the push shorty after that.
Mind you, seven years on and its perfectly true.Money is no object and we can sign who we want.
A full cycle.Thank you kindly HH.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.