Harry Kane

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by mscenterh750, 13 Feb 2018.

1. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

tbf spurs to me are are quite a good passing team.

2. Marvin

Marvin

I don't think so. He's just a goal-scorer / finisher, but outstanding one at that.

KDB has more assists this season than Kane has in his top flight career. I'd love him at city, and I'm sure Pep would too, but there are areas of his game that aren't so great. You could probably say that about most players. They've all got pluses and minuses. In my opinion Kane's passing and involvement in team play isn't great but I have never really thought about it before. His job is to score goals

However before Pep, I though a goalkeeper's job was to keep the ball out of his net, and now I have seen Ederson and realise that there is so much more to goalkeeping. Guardiola: reinventing football

3. OB1

OB1

Kane's pass completion is on the low side but I have seen him make some very good passes. Fact is, he does not make many passes in a game. Could he improve that side of his game under Pep's tutelage? I expect he could.

Should we be looking to spend c. £200m on him? I'm really not sure. Mind you, could City afford to spend £400m this summer? Maybe. Would three players for that money (Fred, Kane and Hazard) make us favourites to win everything? I think it would. Fantasy football stuff, of course, but City have the money if UEFA let them spend it.

4. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Not much different as a player type than Robert Lewandowski and Pep kept him at Bayern.

5. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Most likely an iron in the fire to make Real pay more for the player. The truce between ourselves and Real that led to an Abu Dhabi owned finance firm loaning them money vaporized in Jan with Rm asking for the finance over a longer time period and the finance company saying no.
    (Probanly due to RM behind the sences efforts to drive through FFP 2.0).

One thing for sure this summer is probably the last transfer window where Spurs get loads of cash for Kane.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2018
  6. lonestay

lonestay

Not a big fan of Harry Kane but can't deny he knows where the net is. I can't see him having the same success in a different team , he is the spuds team, I know it's said in jest when Spuds are referred to as the Harry Kane team but it's not far from the truth. He strikes me as a guy who would be happy to stay where he is, if he was allowed to. I just can't see him having the same success playing for anyone else I may be wrong and probably am !

7. jay laruja

jay laruja

Might just be sentimental but id rather just keep aguero because we cant have 2 traditional strikers in a system that doesnt really use 1.

8. citytill1die84

citytill1die84

"I Swear you'll never see anything like this ever
    Watch Kane closely and you'll see he works hard and comes deep to pick the ball up many a time.

Would be brilliant at City but doubt it.

9. Clercqs

Clercqs

Then I guess you havn't watch Spurs much this season? Kane is a complete player and his passing is really good. Even when he's not scoring he's still putting in great performances and would be a great fit for us.

10. super_city_si

super_city_si

I agree. Kanes assist stats aren't good because he is the one who is nearly always in the most advanced position. I'm sure Kev would hate having someone like him to hit every game. Same for Mendy.