Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just appears that everyone’s value skyrockets when City are deemed to be interested.

It amazes me that fans of other clubs talk about how much we spend on players but ignore the fact that there is clearly a "City tax" based on the wealth of our owners. I really doubt some of our signings would be quite as expensive as they've been if we just had the same wealth as other top six clubs. We definitely get charged a premium.

They are away at Chelsea on Saturday, should be a good test for Harry, might give it a watch.

I thought the pair of cbs were shakey garbage tbh & Stones' challenge was worse than Mangala.

If Stones can still sink to being that shit after a break ( as he was at times last season & for Everton) but Pep can raise his standard to the level we saw earlier this season (arguably as good as anyone in Europe) then surely he has a chance of doing it with Maguire, (or similar) who is rarely as poor as Stones has been at times & has reasonable touch on the ball.

Mangala, has had his chance & is a lost cause.

i know you said pep turned him into a top player, i might be wrong, but it sounds like you still don't really rate stones like last season.

i know you said pep turned him into a top player, i might be wrong, but it sounds like you still don't really rate stones like last season.

If the real Stones is the same player as earlier this season, I don't think there is anyone better. I am assuming that is the case. But imo the Stones from last night & last season is way below someone like Maguire's typical level.

If Pep can get him & Otamendi to play at the level they have, within the team framework, maybe he can polish off Maguires Jamie Pollock side & turn him into the same level of player.

Basically, I expect Stones to reach the highest level again soon, but seeing how fucking terrible he was at times last night, just makes me remember what Pep has done & perhaps I'm being a bit harsh re Maguire's potential.

If he does come for me the best pairing would be Stones and one of the other two for rotation... Ota and Maguire are quite alike in terms of pace and athleticism so to put them both together weakens us in terms of pace if any of the nippier players get in behind on the turn. Stones is fast enough to recover on the odd occasion it does happen where Ota and Maguire would have to foul or be out of race more often than not. If we are having two players for each position we'd need another ball player with pace along with Stones.

Also Stones has made two errors in two games which have lead to something for the opposition but a) He's recently back from a spell on the sidelines due to injury b) He's not played poorly in either of those games, he's literally just made a couple of errors.

Last edited:
If the real Stones is the same player as earlier this season, I don't think there is anyone better. I am assuming that is the case. But imo the Stones from last night & last season is way below someone like Maguire's typical level.

If Pep can get him & Otamendi to play at the level they have, within the team framework, maybe he can polish off Maguires Jamie Pollock side & turn him into the same level of player.

Basically, I expect Stones to reach the highest level again soon, but seeing how fucking terrible he was at times last night, just makes me remember what Pep has done & perhaps I'm being a bit harsh re Maguire's potential.
I think Mangala and Bravo are incredibly destabilizing. Not to excuse the errors by Stones but we look a complete mess in back whenever those two play. For whatever reason it just makes all the efforts in back hard work. In particular they never seem to know who among the CBs,fbs and keeper are going to take responsibility in countless situations. I think Stones will be fine to very good with Ederson and Otamendi provided the latter maintains his head

If he does come for me the best pairing would be Stones and one of the other two for rotation... Ota and Maguire are quite alike in terms of pace and athleticism so to put them both together weakens us in terms of pace if any of the nippier players get in behind on the turn. Stones is fast enough to recover on the odd occasion it does happens where Ota and Maguire would have to foul or be out of race more often than not. If we are having two players for each position we'd need another ball player with pace along with Stones.

Also Stones has made two errors in two games which have lead to something for the opposition but a) He's recently back from a spell on the sidelines due to injury b) He's not played poorly in either of those games, he's literally just made a couple of errors.

If Maguire loses a stone or so off each knee, he might be like Usain Bolt.

If Maguire loses a stone or so off each knee, he might be like Usain Bolt.
Haha maybe, that remains to be seen though. I think he's just got one of those builds where he gets called chubby even if the medical team are happy with his fat levels etc.

Haha maybe that remains to be seen though. I think he's just got one of those builds where he gets called chubby even if the medical team are happy with his fat levels etc.

Maybe, but I recon he's more Yaya from two seasons ago than KDB when it comes to fitness & Pep would get at least an extra yard of pace out of him.

Barcelona complete £10.5m signing of Yerry Mina from Palmeiras.

Therefore I think we can find better and cheaper CBs than Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.