Harry Redknapp

Crouchinho said:
Biggest load of bollocks ever about him bankrupting clubs. In most big businesses you have a chairman and board controlling the money, if they can't do well with the cash then it's their fault.

If that's the case why aren't Spurs bankrupt? Because the chairman knows how to control money. I'd say at QPR there is about 7-8 players are on more than Spurs' top earners.

West Ham earnt nearly 50m from the likes of Rio, Defoe, Lampard and Cole. That was a lot of money then. It was only a few 4-5 years ago they had a higher wage bill than Spurs. That was way after Redknapp left. Some teams are just very careless with money, it's just like people in general living off credit cards and not being able to budget propely

I doubt Harry will keep them up now, but QPR are a lot better with him than with Hughes. They've beaten Chelsea and drawn with Spurs and City. Townsend and Taarabt are playing really well along with Remy.

I'm sure with the sales of players and parachute payments they'll be ok. Chairman should be blamed first then Hughes for buying really poor players. He just doesn't ever think big enough

Redknapp didn't sign the cheques, so ultimately it was the owners and not him that bankrupted the clubs he managed. However he showed absolutely fuck all regard for the future of any of the clubs he was involved with. He was interested in challenging at the time and, if that meant fucking the football club over in the long run, then so be it. Case in point, he'll look back on his time at Pompey as successful as "He saved them from relegation and brought them the FA Cup", however the vast majority would see Pompey's current situation, pennyless and destined for League 2 football, as a direct result of Harry spending money he clearly must have known Gaydemark was loading onto the club as crippling debts.

Matty said:
Crouchinho said:
Biggest load of bollocks ever about him bankrupting clubs. In most big businesses you have a chairman and board controlling the money, if they can't do well with the cash then it's their fault.

If that's the case why aren't Spurs bankrupt? Because the chairman knows how to control money. I'd say at QPR there is about 7-8 players are on more than Spurs' top earners.

West Ham earnt nearly 50m from the likes of Rio, Defoe, Lampard and Cole. That was a lot of money then. It was only a few 4-5 years ago they had a higher wage bill than Spurs. That was way after Redknapp left. Some teams are just very careless with money, it's just like people in general living off credit cards and not being able to budget propely

I doubt Harry will keep them up now, but QPR are a lot better with him than with Hughes. They've beaten Chelsea and drawn with Spurs and City. Townsend and Taarabt are playing really well along with Remy.

I'm sure with the sales of players and parachute payments they'll be ok. Chairman should be blamed first then Hughes for buying really poor players. He just doesn't ever think big enough

Redknapp didn't sign the cheques, so ultimately it was the owners and not him that bankrupted the clubs he managed. However he showed absolutely fuck all regard for the future of any of the clubs he was involved with. He was interested in challenging at the time and, if that meant fucking the football club over in the long run, then so be it. Case in point, he'll look back on his time at Pompey as successful as "He saved them from relegation and brought them the FA Cup", however the vast majority would see Pompey's current situation, pennyless and destined for League 2 football, as a direct result of Harry spending money he clearly must have known Gaydemark was loading onto the club as crippling debts.
How would he know he is thicker than a dead oak tree that has been buried in cement. In fairness if a man worth £100 odd million told me to go out and sign players I would. I bet Arry had no idea what these players were earning although he was on a fair wad himself. The real person to question for Porstmouth is Milan Mandaric

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
This is Mark Hughes' mess, in all fairness to cod-face.

I'll never forget Hughes post match interview after Aguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuero.

'This club will never be in this position again under my supervision' or something to that effect. He was the man who assembled the biggest flop in premier league history.

IMO Harry came in too LATE. Hughes was shown to be dropping bollocks early doors. As soon as relegation looked a possibility they should've pulled the plug. 5 games too late.

Harry is bang up against it. They will go down and they will need a rebuild. What a debacle.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Matty said:
Crouchinho said:

How would he know he is thicker than a dead oak tree that has been buried in cement. In fairness if a man worth £100 odd million told me to go out and sign players I would. I bet Arry had no idea what these players were earning although he was on a fair wad himself. The real person to question for Porstmouth is Milan Mandaric
There's no way Redknapp is as naive as he tries to make out. He knows exactly what he's doing, and he'll have had a pretty good idea what most of his squad were on, as he was probably involved in many of the transfers due to links to the agents used. Harry Redknapp cares about one person only, Harry Redknapp. For example, the second he thought the England job was in the offing he pretty much fucked Spurs season over in his attempts to ingratiate himself with the FA.

Matty said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Matty said:
There's no way Redknapp is as naive as he tries to make out. He knows exactly what he's doing, and he'll have had a pretty good idea what most of his squad were on, as he was probably involved in many of the transfers due to links to the agents used. Harry Redknapp cares about one person only, Harry Redknapp. For example, the second he thought the England job was in the offing he pretty much fucked Spurs season over in his attempts to ingratiate himself with the FA.

Didn't 'arry have a clause in his contract that gave him a percentage of the transfer fee everytime a player was sold when he was at Pompy ?

Matty said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Matty said:

Gaydamak used pompey as a money laundering device, hard to launder money if money isnt moving around

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.