Harvey Weinstein.

domalino

Was surprised there wasn't already a Weinstein thread on here, unless I missed it?

Read this article in the New Yorker today and it was so insane I thought it was worth sharing.

Harvey Weinstein’s Army of Spies
The film executive hired private investigators, including ex-Mossad agents, to track actresses and journalists.

In the fall of 2016, Harvey Weinstein set out to suppress allegations that he had sexually harassed or assaulted numerous women. He began to hire private security agencies to collect information on the women and the journalists trying to expose the allegations.

Two private investigators from Black Cube, using false identities, met with the actress Rose McGowan, who eventually publicly accused Weinstein of rape, to extract information from her. One of the investigators pretended to be a women’s-rights advocate and secretly recorded at least four meetings with McGowan. The same operative, using a different false identity and implying that she had an allegation against Weinstein, met twice with a journalist to find out which women were talking to the press. In other cases, journalists directed by Weinstein or the private investigators interviewed women and reported back the details.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

And the lawyer of Paz de la Huerta, one of the actresses accusing him of rape, has now said that 2 people tried to obtain her therapist's notes under false pretences.

Anyway this story doesn't look like it's anywhere near done, seems like it's going to grow and envelope quite a few more celebrities in fact, so it's probably worth a thread.

This info shows he is just a **** to the bone. No contrition, just trying to attack victims. I hope someone punches him in the face that hard they break their knuckles on his stinking mush.

Bosch season 3. Recently wondered if they may have based the film producer character in it on Weinstein ...

I can't understand how he hasn't even been questioned /bailed /remanded yet.
Isn't there over 50 accusers or something up to now?

The British police have confirmed that they are investigating a further allegation against him and Uma Thurman has now claimed he attacked her.
How is he still free to wander around, eating out in restaurants and getting punched?
I understand the principle of innocent until proven guilty but he hasn't even been questioned as far as I'm aware.
Is fame and wealth that much of a trump card in America?

A **** abusing his powerful position for his own means.

The press conference after the allegations surfaced nailed him for me. Talking about the press being "disloyal" to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.