Has anyone read this?? Talk of Barca to the premier league

Why would they change leagues anyway?
They're not part of Spain anymore so they can't play in the Spanish league, so move to the English league? Monaco play in the French league, we have Welsh teams in ours...
They're one of the biggest clubs in the world, why would they risk their status by playing in the Premier League. Surely a load of media nonsense.

IF Catalonia does go it alone, I would be very surprised if Barcelona leave La Liga. La Liga themselves will know that without the Barcelona v Real rivalry the wouldn't have much international appetite for their product and therefore a drop in revenue that would hurt all of their clubs. An independent Catalan league also wouldn't be much of a draw.

However, if political pressure forces La Liga to boot them out then the French league would be a much more natural home for them (and it might make sense for the French league to add another big team, plus they already have the Monaco precedent). Another outcome could be Barcelona and Real seriously pushing for a European super league.

FFP, then goalposts are moved, then torn down, now this.
Proof of the agenda and slysports being prepared to stoop to any level to stop us winning the league and building a dynasty.

Apart from fifa, uefa, the fa and the premier league being against it, none of the underachievers (arse, red dippers and rags) are going to vote this in.

To be fair the rags have been more successful than us recently apart from league position, but who remembers coming 2nd 3rd or 4th?

We will be successful this year though.

Were Barcelona to express a desire to play in the Premier League I have no doubt at all that the Premier league would do everything in their power to accommodate them. Imagine the money they would generate.

Who doesnt think that within a decade or two they wont be playing in the same league as the biggest English clubs, Madrid, Munich, Milan, and most probably Beijing, New York, anyway??

Me for a start.

It's not going to happen.

Just my opinion, but there is more chance of Gary Glitter making a comeback.

Not a chance it will happen, they'll stay in La Liga as it is practically, economically and strategically the best option for them by far.

If anything, they will use this position to gain a favorable deal with La Liga before confirming they had no intention of leaving the Spanish League and will emphasis them staying as a symbol of Spanish nationalism and Catalan independence being able to exist side by side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.