Has Manchester lost too many of it's old pubs in town

It's not just the town centre though, Cheetham hill road used to be full of boozers from the Half way house all the way down to the Derby arms on Derby St.

Half way.
Crumpsall.
Robin Hood.
Empress.
Griffin.
Temple.

All of the above have gone, some for the better i suppose.

ashton old rd and moston lane the same

hyde rd has faired well though in the gorton part, not so much west gorton and ardwick end.

The Vine is my local usually, good selection of beers and great staff. Sad to hear about The Wheatsheaf, Tiger Lounge announced they're closing next month as well to make way for another development.

I'm property hunting in Failsworth at the moment and I can see numerous old buildings which were clearly pubs. There are one or two belting locals there but I guarantee it was much better in the older days.

The Vine and The City are the best pubs in town. Love the outside of these old pubs. Off on a tour tomorrow afternoon with the good lady. Marble, Angel, Ancoats Lad, Pie and Ale, Gullivers, Rudy's for Pizza, wait in seven brothers for table then to the City and Vine. Maybe the Pev if I have room!
May well be in a similar orbit with the wife....did the City arms last weekend, with Grand Pacific to follow, then The Castle, Blue Pig, Abels, Trof, Mandarin for a quick bite, finishing in the Hare. We alternate pit stops as you can see....not that keen on the Ancoats Lad, beer not right...

I went to the flicks in Belle Vue earlier in the year and met a Gorton based friend in the afternoon. We tried a few pubs but they were either dead or badly run.

I'm property hunting in Failsworth at the moment and I can see numerous old buildings which were clearly pubs. There are one or two belting locals there but I guarantee it was much better in the older days.
Wouldn't know mate!...if ya wern't from Failsworth back in the day, a warm welcome in the pubs was not guaranteed.....very parochial place.

May well be in a similar orbit with the wife....did the City arms last weekend, with Grand Pacific to follow, then The Castle, Blue Pig, Abels, Trof, Mandarin for a quick bite, finishing in the Hare. We alternate pit stops as you can see....not that keen on the Ancoats Lad, beer not right...

Forgot Abel Heywood. we're defintly heading in there. I'll let Phil know who owns The Lad you're not keen on his beer! :)

Pack Horse - now an alarm company's office (a real shame, great building).
Brown Cow - Another lovely old building - flats
Forresters - was going to be flats think it never got off the ground
Bridge - Empty
Guido - Knocked down I think.
Half Way House - Indian Restaurant
Brookdale - demolished of housing (huge site)

My mates and me tried to do a crawl of all Failsworth pubs years ago. Think we counted 22. Our mistake was staying in the third one we went in because there was fit women in there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.