Has Manchester lost too many of it's old pubs in town

tbf that articles mentions brinny. there seems to have been an on going thing in that area to get rid of all the pubs/areas where there is anti social behavior, the same happened in adwsood. ( rougher areas seem to have there pubs closed down faster even with lots of customers ). for example where i live the pubs are packed and more bars are opening.
Probably because they cant get a manager to run the place

People use to booze at dinner time, that's more or less forbidden by employers now. That in itself makes a big difference.
Going out at night is not helped by the fact that public transport is 90% shite.
Then there's the fact that supermarket booze (albeit much of it is piss) is a lot cheaper than pub beer.
Finally, the days when a man could of right go out on the booze whenever he felt like it have largely gone. Women won't have it any more, by and large.

Heard the sad news about Georges missus. Wasn't he working at that Greek restaurant on Princess St opposite the town hall. Last saw him St George's Day dinner at the Palace, or whatever it's called now.
He worked in a few Greek restaurants but the last pubs he ran were the Circus, the Abba and the Town Hall Tavern. I think we can class them as traditional pubs.

Boozing in Town has never been the same since the dirty old smelly dingy Manchester pub opposite Victoria station shut down, horrible ale and minging topless barmaids on a Saturday but it was brilliant for us Blues, how i miss the 70s :(

Boozing in Town has never been the same since the dirty old smelly dingy Manchester pub opposite Victoria station shut down, horrible ale and minging topless barmaids on a Saturday but it was brilliant for us Blues, how i miss the 70s :(
Manchester Arms. Half fare on the bus into town, couple of rancid pints then half fare on the 123 to Maine Road from outside the door.

Manchester Arms. Half fare on the bus into town, couple of rancid pints then half fare on the 123 to Maine Road from outside the door.
That was it Manchester Arms, horrible place but had an aura all of it's own, more bottles of pale and brown ale sold than the draught cough cough beer, bitter looked like off mild and the mild looked like mud

Sounds like a top boozer. At least you still have the feather cut, tash and flares. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.