Having my tonsils taken out tomorrow...

I had mine done about 4 years ago now, first week was nasty, the codine messed me up so I slept most of the first week didnt eat much and lost a stone in weight second week ran out of codine and the pain seemed to go quicker and I put said stone back on lol. There are also multiple ways of having them removed I had mine done the old fashioned way with a scalpel and ended up spending an hour after I woke up spewing up blood.

Before I went in I was told that the hospital would make you eat Ice Cream etc before they let you go not anymore I had to eat a piece of toast now that hurt. Also they tell you to drink lots of water but there is a side effect to one of the drugs they give you were you cant piss so be carefull with how much you drink, doesn't effect everyone and I didnt drink enough to find out.

tonsils.jpg

blue_wkd said:
They make you eat sharp foods like toast & cornflakes these days. No more namby pamby ice cream shite!

I woke up and I was spewing blood.... They say that for upto 6 weeks after the op you could start bleeding, and aparently it's quite serious if you do.

They make you eat sharp thinks to get rid of all the puss and gunk in your throat.

I remember after 1 week, sitting in my bedroom watching Ricky Gervais drinking Jim Beam and Blackcurrent with ice... That was good as I was high as a kite from the painkillers (which are the best part!)

Said the op was around teatime today, so probably not out till tomoz. Bet he's spewing blood up as we post. Poor little bugger. :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.