Heart of Midlothian FC Thread

Re: Are Hearts The Next Club To Go To The Wall?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Musetobegood said:
CTID1988 said:
If only the rest of that league could go the same way, pile of shite

Bit harsh that

Seems fair to me The Celtic League is going to be a bit boring. I mean it was boring with Rangers in as well but with them gone it went from mediocre to Sunday league
Totally, we should just go for a European super league and fuck the rest. All those other clubs in the World probably have no history anyway.

Who blooming cares about Hearts.Scottish football is rubbish and will be like the irish league soon.

baildon blue said:
Who blooming cares about Hearts.Scottish football is rubbish and will be like the irish league soon.

its like the irish league already

Dunfermline Athletic are more likely to go than Hearts to be honest - winding up order served by HMRC, don't own the stadium, players (unpaid) all on short term contracts and so no realisable assets.

Very close to home for me, my wife's been a longstanding season ticket holder at Dunfermline, my second child even has DAFC for his initials.

Always had hearts as my 'favoured' Scottish club, steered clear of the religious old firm bullshit. Tynecastle looks a decent stadium too.

Not looking good for Dunfermline I'm afraid. Tax payment deadline is tomorrow. My local team who I have been going to watch for 20 years. Ill be absolutely devastated if we are liquidated

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22888346" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22888346</a>

Hearts: Edinburgh club put squad up for sale amid financial crisis
Comments (57)
Hearts will listen to offers for their entire first-team squad in an effort to keep the club afloat.

The Edinburgh club said it was the result of other revenue "drying up".

A Hearts source has told BBC Scotland that they need to raise a "significant six figure sum" before the weekend to be able to pay wages due to players.

Hearts face uncertainty with a debt of £25m - £10m of which is due to their parent company, UBIG, which is claiming insolvency.

And the club owes £15m to Ukio Bankas, which has been declared bankrupt .

In a statement, the club said: "It is now crucial to the football club that we find a solution to bring in enough finance to allow us to trade into the new season when normal trading can resume with the benefit of SPL and game-related income streams.

“The board had planned to bring income in through the sale of players while considering the financial forecast for next season, but now this will need to happen much earlier in order to preserve the business”

Hearts statement

"The payments to HMRC and players/staff salaries are the most important issues in our focus these days where very limited time remains available to the club.

"However, given that the revenues for season tickets has dried up and no other realistic income is available quickly enough, the club will consider offers for the players of the current squad, including the most promising talent in order for the most necessary and important payments to be made."

Hearts have had assurances from the administrator handling Ukio's liquidation that he wishes to keep the football club as a going concern.

However, the club says the resulting uncertainty has led to problems raising funds and in paying debts owed to HM Revenue and Customs .

"Due to recent unexpected circumstances away from Tynecastle, the club is now experiencing a shortfall in funding," said the club statement.

"This shortfall, due to recent uncertainty, has created a significant noticeable blockage in projected revenue streams for the club.

"While this hesitation is understandable, it is unwittingly damaging the club's current efforts to improve its financial situation, including current payments to HMRC and raising doubts over future payments to players and staff.

"The board had planned to bring income in through the sale of players while considering the financial forecast for next season, but now this will need to happen much earlier in order to preserve the business."

Hearts say the financial problems have resulted from their worst league finish in more than 30 years, the absence of Rangers from the SPL and increased costs relating to the Main Stand.

"Provided we can achieve security for the club, it is the view of the board that there is a viable strategy for the change of ownership to a willing buyer or investor," they add.

Is this even a story? with the exception of a few clubs(thankfully Man City are in this bracket) every club would sell their players if the right offers come in.

Brinksmanship.

There are reputedly buyers waiting for the price to fall even lower, but if your most promising youngsters leave for a pittance, you might consider making your bid or ultimately spend a greater sum creating a new team. Administration is an almost certainty but liquidation is looking increasingly likely.

pee dubya said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Musetobegood said:
Bit harsh that

Seems fair to me The Celtic League is going to be a bit boring. I mean it was boring with Rangers in as well but with them gone it went from mediocre to Sunday league
Totally, we should just go for a European super league and fuck the rest. All those other clubs in the World probably have no history anyway.

Glad to see you agree with me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.