Heart of Midlothian FC Thread

Re: Are Hearts The Next Club To Go To The Wall?

They haven't been paying VAT, which is collected from others. There is no excuse for that.

In one breath they are saying sunday could be their last ever game, and in the next saying buy a ticket for a game next month.

A few years ago it looked as though Hearts were on the up and up and I know they thrashed Hibs in the cup final last year.

What has gone so drastically wrong then?

Blue Streak said:
A few years ago it looked as though Hearts were on the up and up and I know they thrashed Hibs in the cup final last year.

What has gone so drastically wrong then?

Owned by a demagogue who is half Mr Burns half Colonel Kurtz. Supporters have tolerated him more under the fear of extinction lest there be nobody else to rescue the club. Its debts are of Banana Republic proportions, largely incurred as it sought to compete with the dominant duopoly, one of which it transpires was playing fast and loose with the tax payer's hard earned.

Even if it is but scaremongering by the incumbent management, the Hearts are in a perilous position and the greatest fear may soon become painfully real.

A friend of mine was on Motherwell's book years ago. He still supports them even tho he's English .
He foretold this scenario in the summer , saying that the revenue from playing Celtic and Rangers virtually kept the club afloat. That revenue has now been halved and I can see similar situations arising before the end of the season .

Revenge for rangers...you voted no didn't you hearts?!

This is what I was talking about a couple of weeks back. They are a club that have lived outwith their means and are now paying for it, big time.

Hearts' situation has absolutely nothing to do with revenue from Rangers, despite what the Scottish media and Keys and Gray would like you to think. On a separate note, the SPL is its closest this year for a long time and the majority of clubs are seeing an increase in attendances. Just what would the attendances have been like if the SPL clubs had ignored Rangers' financial cheating, accepted them back to the SPL and the league lost all of its credibility?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.