Help a yank plan his December trip - UPDATED!

Where the fuck is DSA?

Doncaster. It might be called Doncaster/Sheffield, but Sheffield it ain't.

As above there won't be any flights from the US. There aren't many from Europe for that matter, it's a small airport.

There aren't even that many flights to Manchester from the US, so it depends where you're coming in from.

Thanks for the replies. Actually are a fair amount of flights from the US to Manchester. I'm in Ohio, and would connect in Philly/NY/DC.

Looks like I'd have to connect twice (second time in Paris) if I wanted to fly into Doncaster. Doesn't seem like a good option...

Updated itinerary...thoughts?

Dec 15 - arrive early Friday in Manchester; train to Sheffield to watch Wednesday/Wolves Friday night
Dec 16 - train back to Manchester for City/Spurs
Dec 17 - relax in Manchester (though tempted to head to Birmingham for West Brom-Manure, which I did last year)
Dec 18 - train to Leicester
Dec 19 - soak up Leicester followed by Leicester/City
Dec 20 - train to London; Chelsea-Bournemouth league cup
Dec 21 - walk around London
Dec 22 - fly back home exhausted

Debating what to do after City/Spurs...stay in Manchester for another day or catch a train to Birmingham for West Brom/Manure? If I go to the West Brom match, I'd be spending 2 nights in Birmingham or Leicester. Spent a couple days in Birmingham last year...anything of note in Leicester?

Updated itinerary...thoughts?

Dec 15 - arrive early Friday in Manchester; train to Sheffield to watch Wednesday/Wolves Friday night
Dec 16 - train back to Manchester for City/Spurs
Dec 17 - relax in Manchester (though tempted to head to Birmingham for West Brom-Manure, which I did last year)
Dec 18 - train to Leicester
Dec 19 - soak up Leicester followed by Leicester/City
Dec 20 - train to London; Chelsea-Bournemouth league cup
Dec 21 - walk around London
Dec 22 - fly back home exhausted

Debating what to do after City/Spurs...stay in Manchester for another day or catch a train to Birmingham for West Brom/Manure? If I go to the West Brom match, I'd be spending 2 nights in Birmingham or Leicester. Spent a couple days in Birmingham last year...anything of note in Leicester?
Even if you were in the West Brom end, why volunteer to be so close to so many rags, they might win which would really suck balls. Leicester's a shit hole too....just sayin

Blackpool railway station is closed until spring, makes Fleetwood a bit harder. There will be a replacement bus service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.