Help with call barring

I don't think its anything to do with a provider, don't these callers use computer dialling of random numbers. It's just a numbers game until they get a positive result
Correct. They load numbers into a computer with no idea if they're valid numbers or not. So if there's an area code 123 in Manchester, they'll try everything from 123 0001 to 123 9999. If it's a valid number (i.e. it rings out) then there's a good chance they'll even sell it to other people.

I'm after a phone, and/or some phone system that will prevent any unwanted calls except chosen ones to be accepted by my mum. She has dementia and gets alsorts of calls, as you can imagine and gets confused with everything and wants to pay everybody........she cant as we have her card and finance details but she still gets mithered.
Sky, who she's with do Sky shield but it's too complicated for her. Just want or looking for something that wont allow anything through other than our own calls....any idea guys.....
We have a BT phone that only lets in numbers that are on a call list defined by the user. Everything else goes to an automated system. That deals with 99% of nuisance calls as their power diallers can’t respond to the automated system. Been the best £60 we have spent in a long time.

We have a BT phone that only lets in numbers that are on a call list defined by the user. Everything else goes to an automated system. That deals with 99% of nuisance calls as their power diallers can’t respond to the automated system. Been the best £60 we have spent in a long time.
Does that feature only work with the bt netwwork

My landline was unplugged months ago and will remain that way because no matter what privacy lists you sign up for etc its non stop spam calls all day long every day.

I unplugged my landline after 2 days because of it ringing off the hook with unwanted calls, I didn't even know my own number and still don't, I ticked the ex directory box but that didn't help a jot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.