Help with call barring

Almost a trillion to one they'll get yours then.

We do get the occasional one but as we hardly get any calls on the land line I just put the handset down and don't put it back on its cradle for an hour or so. If their number is available I bar it, eeasier on a mobile but not easy either way for an elderly person with dementia.

We do get the occasional one but as we hardly get any calls on the land line I just put the handset down and don't put it back on its cradle for an hour or so. If their number is available I bar it, eeasier on a mobile but not easy either way for an elderly person with dementia.

That's true BL. The fuckers ringing vulnerable people should be done for it.

I'm getting a fair few calls on my mobile from Liberia and London recently, everyone knows I don't take foreign calls ;)

I'm after a phone, and/or some phone system that will prevent any unwanted calls except chosen ones to be accepted by my mum. She has dementia and gets alsorts of calls, as you can imagine and gets confused with everything and wants to pay everybody........she cant as we have her card and finance details but she still gets mithered.
Sky, who she's with do Sky shield but it's too complicated for her. Just want or looking for something that wont allow anything through other than our own calls....any idea guys.....

I got a BT8500 twin phone set a couple of years ago with a Nuisance Call Blocker feature. If a numbers in your contact list it gets through, if a person rings who is not in your contact list they get a recorded message and they have to go through some convoluted process to leave a message & you can then add them so basically time wasters won’t bother. Everything else including all the automated PPI & sales calls gets blocked & for those calls the phone doesn’t even ring. None of the calls get to the voicemail either. Before I bought it I’d get home from work & there’d be loads of messages I’d have to listen to & delete myself just in case something genuine had been left.

That model appears to have been discontinued but you could probably get one on eBay I guess. Other models available on the BT website too. I’m with BT but not sure if you have to be with them. Well worth the money.

https://www.shop.bt.com/learnmore/telephony/bt-phone-finder/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.