Help with money took from my account

Feed-The-Goat

R.I.P Sam & Sue. You both are going to be missed.
im unsure as what to do, i checked my statement this morning and seems 2 transactions were made from ATM's that charge £1.75 of £30 on the 2nd and 5th of Sept, so 60 notes have been taken from my account that has been withdrawn at these machines, does anyone know how i can check with my bank as to which machines etc these were made, as i dont use ATM's that charge as im a tight bastard, and i havent withdrawn money in the last 2 weeks from anywhere as not needed it.

I know £60 isnt alot of money to some people, but to me (unemployed at the moment) its needed for bills etc.

Any help appreciated.

Report it to your bank straight away mate. They can then look into it for you for a few days before shrugging their shoulders and making some answer up and denying they are in the wrong.

Give your bank a ring and explain to them. They should be able to trace the location of the ATM.

I know that on my TSB online account, it tells me where the cash was withdrawn from. So say I get some from Tesco in Stalybridge, it will say something like TESCO STALY 4SEPT

I had a similar problem when abroad in Spain. Made a withdrawal one day from a cash machine, checked online the next day and it had come out again! Rang the bank, thinking the worst (my word against theirs etc), and as it was a Spanish bank, they had to check transactions, balances etc first with the Spanish bank. Meanwhile, next day it bloody came out again! Thats three times for only one actual withdrawal!!!

I was steaming, rang them again, and they informed me that they would need to send me a dispute form to fill in to get it sorted, and could take 8 weeks to sort!

Not best pleased, but the very next day the two disputed transactions had been credited back to my account - no explanation, no apology, nothing. But at least it was sorted.

Could well be a bank error like mine mate, but first step is to ring them and tell them as soon as poss. They will probs stop your card too if it's a dispute.

Called the bank and as its showing up as ATM Notemachine, they cant locate anything, all they suggested is cancelling the card and getting a new pin. Possibly filling out a dispute form if i want it looked into further, so im gonna go to my branch and fill it in.

I asked what the hells an ATM Notemachine, and apparently its a machine used to take payments in bars/restaurants etc, i dont ever use any machines in shops, i used cash machines to withdrawn cash, thats the only method, so i know its defo not me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.