Hendrix

Any one who knows my post history on here will know my predeliction for the Wicker Man and Hendrix, so indulge me for a moment.
I was looking at some you tube Hendrix stuff. I am now 65 years of age and lived the sixties, I know for real what it was like. I have been a professional musician since my teens, worked with the best and learned all the tricks.
However, when I get into conversation with colleagues, they all say Hendrix was inimitable and we will never see his like again, and I tend to believe them.
Am I plowing a lone furrow here? I tend to think not, having discussed this at length with people like Richard Thompson, Clapton, Ritchie Blackmore, Johnny Winter, Pete Townsend et al.
Am I still wasing my life worshipping the man or what?
That's impressive that you have been in the business and mixed with some of the greats. If you don't mind me asking, who did you play with?
I have always believed that Hendrix was the greatest innovating guitar player that ever lived. My top 5 would be Hendrix, Page, Steve Hackett, BB King, Steve Howe.

67? Christ. That's even older than me. Comfortably older. Never mind Hendrix, what you need is a nice cup of horlicks, a couple of Sanatogen multivitamins and, as a treat, a Werther's Original before bed.

Went to see Hendrix at the New Century Hall on his first UK tour. We had seen him on Top of the Pops and decided to go to take the piss. Absolutely spellbound all night everyone stopped dancing and just watched his amazing guitar playing. Best 6bob I have ever spent.

Just looked it up, 7 January 1967.

Went to see Hendrix at the New Century Hall on his first UK tour. We had seen him on Top of the Pops and decided to go to take the piss. Absolutely spellbound all night everyone stopped dancing and just watched his amazing guitar playing. Best 6bob I have ever spent.

Just looked it up, 7 January 1967.
Lucky boy, I would have loved to have seen that. A mate of mine saw him at the Isle of Wight festival,
but that's my only claim.
Anyway, when this spine-chilling masterpiece came out, we all swooned...

Any one who knows my post history on here will know my predeliction for the Wicker Man and Hendrix, so indulge me for a moment.
I was looking at some you tube Hendrix stuff. I am now 65 years of age and lived the sixties, I know for real what it was like. I have been a professional musician since my teens, worked with the best and learned all the tricks.
However, when I get into conversation with colleagues, they all say Hendrix was inimitable and we will never see his like again, and I tend to believe them.
Am I plowing a lone furrow here? I tend to think not, having discussed this at length with people like Richard Thompson, Clapton, Ritchie Blackmore, Johnny Winter, Pete Townsend et al.
what the fck would they know.

everyone has heroes, if I asked my daughter to choose between Hendrix or Bieber there would be no contest. Hendrix obviously blew you away and that will never change ,he died young so could never spoil his legacy.

forever a legend.

Is it true that when Hendrix was asked what it felt like to be the world's best guitarist, his answer was 'you'd better ask Rory Gallagher'?

I can't think of a more thrilling moment in music than the intro of Voodoo Chile.

Didn't he play in Stockport once?? Then again Stockport is obviously psychedelia central with the Purple Gang coming from there.

The live recording of Little Wing at the Royal Albert Hall in '69 is by quite a long way my favourite live performance of anything, I find it hauntingly beautiful in a way that other guitarists just aren't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.