Hendrix

Remember getting stuck into the double disc electric ladyland from my brothers CD collection when I was about 14. Happy fucking days. Not sure why they changed the song order on later versions tho? Doesn't work as well without the album building up to a climax with 1983 a merman I should turn to be at the end. On later versions they seemed to plonk it in the middle!?

Years ago when asked what it was like to be considered the best guitarist alive, he said , I don't know, you'd have to ask Billy Gibbons.......I think I might Agree

I think Hendrix benefited from him being the main man in his band so to speak.
As an influence in a band and also someone who could could go toe to toe with Hendrix as a unique and individual guitarist would be Jimmy Page.
26 minutes of Dazed and Confused gets better every time. Or is that because I'm getting very old?

My personal opinion of Hendrix is the same as Jaco Pastorius (Bass guitar) and The Beatles
People will copy them and be influenced etc but none will have the same impact on the world as them, technically there are better guitarists but innovation wise ...no. Clapton and co are right imo.
Ive watched him play at Woodstock loads of times on that video and he's just mesmerising, you couldnt compare anyone to him really at that time, his guitar seemed part of him, I think I read he slept with it a lot of the time.
The nearest player to Hendrix Ive see is Prince on the solo of While My Guitar Gently Weeps you tube video, he lets rip.
Stevie Ray Vaughan is heavily influenced by him also and whilst brilliant is not as innovative.

Ive watched him play at Woodstock loads of times on that video and he's just mesmerising...
That's his worst performance that we have footage of. It was played at 4am and he was knackered - he keeps making mistakes (by his standards; I wish I could play as well as his mistakes) and you can see him shaking his head all the way through it.

Ive watched him play at Woodstock loads of times on that video and he's just mesmerising...
That's his worst performance that we have footage of. It was played at 4am and he was knackered - he keeps making mistakes (by his standards; I wish I could play as well as his mistakes) and you can see him shaking his head all the way through it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.