Hey look, the Smiths are reforming

total ringo said:
Whoda thunk it?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nme.com/news/the-smiths/40634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nme.com/news/the-smiths/40634</a>

I think this bullshit story may have something to do with the following:
A new double-CD compilation spanning the band's career, 'The Sound Of The Smiths', is released on November 10.

Corky said:
Too late.

It will end up a load of rubbish like the Police or Rolling stones.

The best thing about the Smiths is that they split up at their peak.

Er, The Stones have never split up to have reformed.

Always loved The Smiths' music, but then Morrissey starts ''singing'' and kills it for me.

Gaudino said:
Corky said:
Too late.

Always loved The Smiths' music, but then Morrissey starts ''singing'' and kills it for me.
Oh so yes! I've never had a problem with the Smiths music (not my cup of tea, but there you go!). It's when that koont starts making noise (I refuse to call it singing). That's when it all goes tits up!

jimharri said:
Gaudino said:
Corky said:
Too late.

Oh so yes! I've never had a problem with the Smiths music (not my cup of tea, but there you go!). It's when that koont starts making noise (I refuse to call it singing). That's when it all goes tits up!

Mozzers voice added a beautiful fractured layer on to Rourkes funky bass and Marrs incredible guitar riffs.
His subject matter and literary references are delivered with such earnestness and fragility, that I really don't
care whether he's in tune or not. As a band, The Smiths were perfection.

I hope they don't reform, they were perfect and a reunion would, perhaps, tarnish that. Although to be fair the 4 of them have still got it so if they did reform they'd shit all over everyone else.

It will only happen "When Hell Freezes Over" to quote a certain Don Henley

The Smiths are one of the greatest and most influential bands of all time

Hark at the idiots on this thread saying otherwise

I'm not sure why they bothger as their opinions clearly count for nothing

Only me, TMQ and Blue Dan and a few select others should be allowed to post r.e. Mozza/The Smiths

The main problems people seem to have with Moz appear to be his voice and/or his sexuality.

His sexuality should be a formality, he's a frontman in a rock n roll band and despite his coy remarks and camp leanings he's never been confirmed to have indulged in any sexual liason with a fellow man, unlike such great frontmen as Lennon, Jagger and Bowie. All rock n roll is homosexual anyway. Fact.

As for his voice, he has an astounding voice and is technically superior to nearly all of his peers. He's fucking ace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.