high interest

smeeagain

about to sell my house and deposit the money , £260k approx , i want to know where to put this money please
i,m a dunce about interest rates/access etc , i may complete a sale on another property but not for about a month , maybe not for 3 months so i would like to earn as much as possible in that time

about to sell my house and deposit the money , £260k approx , i want to know where to put this money please
i,m a dunce about interest rates/access etc , i may complete a sale on another property but not for about a month , maybe not for 3 months so i would like to earn as much as possible in that time

Bank of hilts

You won't get decent interest for such a short time.
Make sure you don't put it just one account.
You are covered for £85000 in any one account if the bank goes tits up so spread it between unlinked banks.

You'll get fuck all interest wherever you put it for such a short time. Banks aren't there to make you money, they are there to try and reduce the effect of inflation (although you'd have lost money on deposit against inflation for the last decade).

Don't worry about spreading it across several banks, there literally zero point in doing so as no UK bank will ever go under, certainly in a 3 months time frame. The UK economy is built on the financial services sector and changes post 2008 separated retail and investment banking.

So, in summary, stick it in a saving account and use it as soon as you want it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.