Hillsborough - CPS announce criminal charges against six people

One of the charged had been tried before in a civil case and the judge at the time said, as he was discharged, that he couldn't face further charges.
They are going to have to put this aside before they can proceed.

I doubt it will be in the North West, never mind Liverpool.
How could you get an objective jury in Liverpool?

Bettison, Denton and Metcalf will appear before magistrates in warrington on August 9th. Duckinfield has as yet not got a court date, there was a stay imposed by a senior judge over the private prosecutions against him in 1999. the CPS will need to apply for removal of this stay and proceed on a voluntary bill of indicment.

95 charges of manslaughter, this is going to be a very lengthy trial

Alternative the cover-up was clearly(from what I understand) criminal. Was the actions of the match commander a criminal offence? I.e opening the wrong gate and taking too long to act

He will, presumably claim, that there were so many factors out of his control (the pens, his own inexperience) and could have happened to anyone in his position as there was a potentially fatal incident at the same ground the year before?

I suppose this will all come out in the wash but may not be as cut and dried as people think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.