Hillsborough verdicts reached

An incredibly moving article - at the end of a very harrowing week.

I watched Hillsborough again last night - interestingly the emotions are different to when I first saw in around 1996. Because I knew where we were at now there was kind of less of a feeling of injustice and cover up because I knew that post production there would be the H.I.P. then the new inquests and Tuesdays verdicts - what it did bring to the fore for me was the feeling that like as is said in that article time that has passed and the age of the culprits should mean those responsible like recent noted celebrity sex conviction should not evade punishment.

The cover up went deep clearly but without doubt there are some individuals that should now face serious sanctions not only for the actions on the day but for the sustained 27 year cover up and the continued peddling of lies and deceit right up until the verdicts in the most recent inquests.

Harrowing stuff but a must read as that shows the mental torture that these poor souls have been put through by the establishment until this day.

Disgusting. Beyond evil what Thatcher and her cronies did. Anyone who thinks that politics wasn't at the centre of this cover up is deluded.
I think Thatcher's Nelsonian blindness derived as much as anything from the fact that she felt she owed SYP one for the miner's strike five years earlier.

I think Thatcher's Nelsonian blindness derived as much as anything from the fact that she felt she owed SYP one for the miner's strike five years earlier.
Indeed. But you may call it blindness I call it callousness because she did see but chose together with the police to spread lies via their media mouthpiece only 4 days later when the police knew what had actually happened.

The two events cannot be looked at in isolation any longer. The only differences that I can see are that one, Orgreve, was a conspiracy from before the event and the other, Hillsborough, afterwards.

And all the while Thatcher was entertaining and knighting Jimmy Fucking Savile?!?

"The Truth"? It all makes me sick to my stomach.

I'd go further.

After Orgreve and the various other illegal uses of police force by the government during the Miner's Strike I think the police knew that they had the government by the short and curlies.

They fucked up at Hillsborough and I think that they basically told the politicians to keep their nose out. I think the tail wagged the dog.

The government didn't really give a shit anyway. A hundred football fans from Militant City, who cares?

Did anyone watch the movie on ITV last night? that was really good.

I'd go further.

After Orgreve and the various other illegal uses of police force by the government during the Miner's Strike I think the police knew that they had the government by the short and curlies.

They fucked up at Hillsborough and I think that they basically told the politicians to keep their nose out. I think the tail wagged the dog.

The government didn't really give a shit anyway. A hundred football fans from Militant City, who cares?
Oh they cared alright because it furthered still their agenda against football fans, who in the case of Hillsborough, being scousers and the lowest of the low, represented the "working classes", the "drunken yobs" , "the scum" who needed to be herded, fenced in, silenced. They should all be conscripted to become cannon fodder in phony fucking wars!

Instead of being a crime against the working classes it was spun as a crime by them.

This verdict isn't because of new evidence, all that's happened is that it's taken 27 years for the evidence to be seen. 27 years of lies and obfuscation.

"The simple truth about 15 April 1989 and its aftermath has been sitting quietly in official files for all those years. If the state had wanted the families to have it earlier, it only had to say the word. But it didn’t. Parts of it still don’t. And that says something very worrying about how we are governed and policed."

Andy Burnham http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/01/hillsborough-verdict-miscarriage-of-justice

Indeed. But he knows as well as you or I that fuck all meaningful will happen.

"What I have seen along the way has given me a much deeper understanding of why so many people are so disillusioned with Westminster politics. And this may sound surprising coming from a politician – I share their disillusionment. I know better than anyone how close people came to never knowing the full truth about one of the greatest miscarriages of justice in British history. Far from exposing the cover-up, the committees room of parliament and the offices of Number 10 were used to advance it. I remember all too well the pressure I came under to leave this issue alone."

The British Establishment is rotten to the core.

Oh they cared alright because it furthered still their agenda against football fans, who in the case of Hillsborough, being scousers and the lowest of the low, represented the "working classes", the "drunken yobs" , "the scum" who needed to be herded, fenced in, silenced. They should all be conscripted to become cannon fodder in phony fucking wars!

Instead of being a crime against the working classes it was spun as a crime by them.

This verdict isn't because of new evidence, all that's happened is that it's taken 27 years for the evidence to be seen. 27 years of lies and obfuscation.

"The simple truth about 15 April 1989 and its aftermath has been sitting quietly in official files for all those years. If the state had wanted the families to have it earlier, it only had to say the word. But it didn’t. Parts of it still don’t. And that says something very worrying about how we are governed and policed."

Andy Burnham http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/01/hillsborough-verdict-miscarriage-of-justice

Indeed. But he knows as well as you or I that fuck all meaningful will happen.

"What I have seen along the way has given me a much deeper understanding of why so many people are so disillusioned with Westminster politics. And this may sound surprising coming from a politician – I share their disillusionment. I know better than anyone how close people came to never knowing the full truth about one of the greatest miscarriages of justice in British history. Far from exposing the cover-up, the committees room of parliament and the offices of Number 10 were used to advance it. I remember all too well the pressure I came under to leave this issue alone."

The British Establishment is rotten to the core.

Prosecutions should have taken place after the Taylor Report in 1990. The truth, including the cover up, was widely known after the Jimmy McGovern film aired in 1996, 20 years ago.

If nobody is prosecuted now after a verdict of unlawful killing has finally been returned then British Justice will be seen as a total sham across the world.

I agree that the British Establishment is rotten to the core but they'd be very, very foolish to not, at the very least, offer up Duckinfield for his role in the disaster. I think they'll certainly try to limit the damage to themselves and unfortunately will probably be successful.

We'll never know for sure how much Thatcher did or didn't know and she's not exactly here to talk about it these days. I think it suited her narrative at the time to believe the police version of events though and she did have a dim view of football fans in general. However, I'm not having it that she didn't give a shit about the dead - she visited Hillsborough in the immediate aftermath and looked concerned about what happened. Politics probably has played some significant part in the cover-up but to suggest it was all down to her having it in for the city of Liverpool and she was happy for 96 dead football fans to take the hit for it is a bit of a stretch for me. In any case, many of the dead weren't even from Liverpool.

I'll also add that successive governments on both sides have been reluctant to hold an enquiry and allow access to the files and the breakthrough was actually achieved under the current Conservative government.

Prosecutions should have taken place after the Taylor Report in 1990. The truth, including the cover up, was widely known after the Jimmy McGovern film aired in 1996, 20 years ago.

If nobody is prosecuted now after a verdict of unlawful killing has finally been returned then British Justice will be seen as a total sham across the world.

I agree that the British Establishment is rotten to the core but they'd be very, very foolish to not, at the very least, offer up Duckinfield for his role in the disaster. I think they'll certainly try to limit the damage to themselves and unfortunately will probably be successful.
They'll be happy to offer up more than one individual imo. The establishment is good at closing ranks, but it's perfectly adept at cutting people off and making them available for sacrifice when it suits, in furtherance of self-preservation. The powers that be know which way the wind is now blowing and will respond accordingly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.