Hindsight - Hazard and Fabregas

Hazard is stifled by Mourinho tactics, put him in the current City system and he would be world class.

Not for me,Delph offers us far more in our set up than fatty Fabregas ever could.I think a few have a pleasant surprise in store when they realise just how much Fabian has in his locker - believe me,8m pounds and being English were just the cherry on the cake.

Exactly this; not saying he's Liam Neeson, but he has a very particular set of skills that were absolutely necessary to balance our midfield. Fanboys would love us to shoehorn Cesc or Pogba into the centre of midfield, but in real terms, neither would address the issue of midfield immobility that have burdened us for a few years now.

It was widely believed at Villa that Delph was their best player and the primary reason they dodged relegation last year; given their second best player Benteke just went for £30m+, it really puts into context the quality and true value of Fabian.

And the small fact he chose to join the European champions.

You're on form; have said for a long time that our fans imply that he never signed for us because we wouldn't give him enough money, when I reality he joined the European Champions, based in a city that is generally regarded as the place to be.

De Bruyne will prove this season to be a better player than Hazard anyway.

I don't think Hazard is as good as most believe he is personally, undoubtedly would want him in our team, no question about it but there's a bit too much hype around him imo. Not at the level the players he's compared to are at. Has time to reach it though.

As for Fabregas, we all knew before he signed for Chelsea that he's a big game bottler, hence Barcelona being so willing to let him go despite them trying for 3-4 years to bring him back and the imminent departure of Xavi. During his time at Chelsea he's done exactly what he's done for Arsenal and Barcelona. Against smaller teams when they're playing well he's a world beater, up against the big boys he goes hiding. Wouldn't get into our best 11 but would still take him in our squad given his homegrown status,

Not especially upset at missing out on either of them, not being able to compete for Sanchez last year due to FFP is more upsetting

Hazard is the one that got away.

I'd still take Fabregas, I think a bit like Nasri he has his off days but with the quality and creative flair of our squad, I think he would enjoy it a lot more and make a larger contribution.

In addition, any player can be having a poor game but be lifted through it by the quality of those around him.

Totally agree with this......we seem to have inherited some really immature spoilt and arrogant posters who slag off players, clubs, Tixi and even our respected ITKs if protracted transfers don't go our way.

Let's not go down the Old Trafford way of thinking that' it is every players dream to play for us.!

Agreed - this summer a lot of threads, such as the Txiki thread, have contained such a sense of entitlement you could have been forgiven for thinking that you had wandered onto scumcafe

Last edited:
hazard i would have 100%, fabulous player and if he was to be come available for whatever reason we should be in like flynn for him

fabregas not too fussed about if i'm honest

Im

sure I'm in a minority but I think hazard is massively overrated, have seen him live about 12 times & only seen him play well once, glad we dodged a bullet, to coin a phrase he's a fake.

I'm totally with you mate. I can see why people enjoy watching him, he can dribble, do tricks, beat a man etc but overall I have rarely seen him change a game or provide as many goals/assists as you'd expect from someone who is often mentioned in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo.

Totally overrated IMO and behind the likes of Sanchez, Neymar, Bale and probably soon to be overtaken by Sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.