Hindsight - Hazard and Fabregas

I'm totally with you mate. I can see why people enjoy watching him, he can dribble, do tricks, beat a man etc but overall I have rarely seen him change a game or provide as many goals/assists as you'd expect from someone who is often mentioned in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo.

Totally overrated IMO and behind the likes of Sanchez, Neymar, Bale and probably soon to be overtaken by Sterling.
Cheers Garry I have argued with my mates on a regular basis that this guy is massively overrated, I think we dodged a bullet. Can anyone say he has had more than 1 or2 good games against us, I think not!!!

I think Chelsea will find out very quickly what Arsenal and Barca found out, Fabregas has one good season and then struggles after that with consistancy

Well Hazard almost single handedly dragged Chelsea to the title after January and whilst he is not the best player in the league he is fully deserved the player of the year. Hazard is currently a level above Sterling and De Bruyne at the very least and he also has more potential than either of them. He has had a poor start to the season, but it's been four games. Every top team in England should have gone for him.

Fabregas on the other hand whilst a great player has a number of weaknesses and is not mentally the strongest. He is an inferior player to Yaya in every single aspect of the game. Yaya at 32 is still a much better player. However, Yaya will need replacing in the next couple of years. The question about whether missing out on Fabregas was a blow depends on who you replace Yaya with in the future.

Maybe the even increased spending power of the Premier League will tell in the next couple of years, but so far the top teams ie Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United have found it very hard to buy the best players in the world. You have Wenger not spending and United over paying on young kids as the two extremes.

Hazard is not "a level above" de Bruyne. de Bruyne has been the best player for the Belgian NT for at least 2 years now and often makes Hazard look pedestrian in comparison. At worst, they are equals.

Hard to compare the two players. Very different play styles. De Bruyne can't match up to Hazards ball control and dribbling and Hazard can't match up to De Bruynes delivery and two footedness. Both are fantastic in different ways. I think Mourinho overhyped Hazard by saying he was better than Ronaldo and set false expectations of him.

I'd say he'll be closer to Robben level eventually which is still a very high level.

Hard to compare the two players. Very different play styles. De Bruyne can't match up to Hazards ball control and dribbling and Hazard can't match up to De Bruynes delivery and two footedness. Both are fantastic in different ways. I think Mourinho overhyped Hazard by saying he was better than Ronaldo and set false expectations of him.

I'd say he'll be closer to Robben level eventually which is still a very high level.
I don't think Hazard will ever be Robben's level. Robben's level is not that far off Messi's and Ronaldo's. His problem is that he can never be trusted to be fit. In a one off game I would say Robben is harder to deal with than Ronaldo and not too far off Messi.

I have never been De Bruyne's biggest fan and everyone here knows that. I personally think though he is a lot better than Kane he had a similar season. Comparable with what Mata did when he too played in the Europa League.

Hazard has been very disappointing for Belgium. Hazard should try and be better than his peers like like Neymar before he even thinks about Ronaldo and Messi.

EDIT

As I say that about Kane he then goes and scores.

De Bruyne will probably get a hat trick on Saturday.

Last edited:
KDB and Hazard are at the same age,

Hazard played :264 games, Goals: 75 , Assists: 70

KDB played: 110, Goals: 29, assists : 43

Hazard will never reach his full potential under Mourinho. Can you imagine how stifled Silva would be under him. It really doesn't bear thinking about.

I've thought about the hazard silva aguero combination way too much over the past couple years. I think it really would've been up there with the best in Europe. And if FFP hadn't restricted us last summer, instead of going after Fabregas, I would've liked to think we would've tried again for sanchez.

Aguero
Hazard Silva Sanchez

Man, what an attack that would've been. On top of that, maybe we could have gone big for Pogba this summer. I feel like a team like that could've made him push for the deal. Oh well, I'm quite happy with the acquisition of Sterling. I do have my doubts about De Bruyne but hopefully he proves me wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.