Hindsight - Hazard and Fabregas

I've thought about the hazard silva aguero combination way too much over the past couple years. I think it really would've been up there with the best in Europe. And if FFP hadn't restricted us last summer, instead of going after Fabregas, I would've liked to think we would've tried again for sanchez.

Aguero
Hazard Silva Sanchez

Man, what an attack that would've been. On top of that, maybe we could have gone big for Pogba this summer. I feel like a team like that could've made him push for the deal. Oh well, I'm quite happy with the acquisition of Sterling. I do have my doubts about De Bruyne but hopefully he proves me wrong.
Think that the front four we have now is better.

I think our current 4 is great, but Silva, Sanchez, Hazard & Sergio would be a different level. We'd have the 4 best players in the league as our front 4.

Perhaps - certainly would have been the case a couple of years ago - but I really believe that KDB is going to have a better impact that either Sanchez or Hazard and that our front 4 will be the best in the league by a distance.

Hazard is overrated to fuck and Fabregas hasn't been the same since he left Arsenal. KDB is rated higher than Hazard by Belgian fans, and its not hard to see why. Fabregas is just a really poor mans Silva, he wouldn't get into the no 10. role ahead of Silva, KDB or Nasri and is too slow and lazy to play alongside yaya or replace him.

Don't see the fuss over Hazard tbh, he's got brilliant dribbling ability, great technique but he just doesn't do enough for me. To be rated as high as he is, and in his position you'd think he was getting 15 goals and at least as many assists. He's going on 25, not like he has bags of potential. Can see Sterling doing better this season.

Hazard looks like a player who is settling into a comfort zone, he improved when he came to Chelsea but has now hit a plateau.

There has always been talk about how Hazard's work ethic in training isn't good. That kind of talk came from Chelsea and the NT and how much more potential he has if he could just want it more. Then the media for whatever put that behind them last year during his supposed good season where he played virtually the same as every other season at Chelsea

Does Fabregas worth a cheeky bid next summer? Most of you might not agree, but I think the way we play he can eamulate his Barca's form by joining us. His attitude stinks though.

I have never been an admirer of Fabregas. His reputation was crafted by our London centred press which was besotted with Wenger and his views on the "beautiful game", with the result that it concentrated entirely on what Fabregas did in his best moments and ignored completely his contribution, or lack of it, the rest of the time. Arsenal were "the best passing team in the world" and Fabregas was the best passer. The side was "full of imagination and goals" though never enough to win anything! He went to Barcelona (because they couldn't prise David Silva away from City!), played less and less because he remained a liability when Barca didn't have the ball, kept getting booed off and was sold because he wasn't good enough. He was welcomed back to England with open arms by our press on the belief that anyone bought by "Mou" must be a genius and the press gloried in the "new dimension" of Chelsea's attacking play and "Cesc's" phenominal number of assists, despite the fact that they involved no more than "Cesc" hitting over a corner for Chelsea's very tall lads to pull shirts, push defenders out of the way and block off the 'keeper so someone could put it in. No-one noticed "Cesc's" complete failure to understand how to play without the ball but so far this season it is embarrassingly clear and was shown in technicolour by none other than David Silva at the Etihad when he ruthlessly exposed "Cesc's" lack of positional sense. I wouldn't have Fabregas because he isn't good enough to get on our bench.

I would have had Hazard like a shot in 2012, but I'm much less sure now. I think Mourinho may be to blame for what I see as his failure to progress since going to Chelsea. I'm always dismayed when a manager can only ever praise an attacking midfielder because he's much better defensively! This may sound strange after my comments on Fabregas, and playing without the ball is important, but in 2012 I expected Hazard to be destroying teams by now and he isn't. I'm glad he defends better because his attacking play is little better. In the world cup he was largely anonymous because he still relied on other players to bring him into the game and it didn't happen. In the CL he has been at Chelsea for three campaigns and has achieved nothing despite the quality of the opposition being moderate. In 2014 they reached the semi final but went out to the first top seeded team they played. They went into the home leg needing only a 0-0 draw after a sound defensive display in Madrid but crumbled to lose 3-1 in London after leading 1-0. Hazard had no impact on the game at all. I think he would have come on much better under Pellegrini but he made his choice and now has to live with it.

Both would have been great, Fabregas is home grown which means in the squad he would be there instead of probably Lampard last season and Delph this, so would be an upgrade.

Hazard is a fantastic player who starts most seasons slow, only really be shown up due to Chelsea's poor form. I think Hazard would be far better in our team as well as I think he is clearly Chelsea's star man and as such teams set out to stop him. Put him in with Silva, Aguero and possibly KDB, Sterling etc. he would have more freedom and less pressure.

The thing with players is the next must have player is never far away and you can't stockpile talent, so make of most of the ones we have.

On the KDB or Hazard debate, the bit about the national team is true but I feel it is more of a case of Hazard not matching his club form for Belguim as opposed to KDB being a better player. I wouldn't imagine many Chelsea fans would swap Hazard for KDB at this point but that most City fans probably would. Hopefully by the end of the season this may no longer be the case.

Hazard is overrated to fuck and Fabregas hasn't been the same since he left Arsenal. KDB is rated higher than Hazard by Belgian fans, and its not hard to see why. Fabregas is just a really poor mans Silva, he wouldn't get into the no 10. role ahead of Silva, KDB or Nasri and is too slow and lazy to play alongside yaya or replace him.

Don't see the fuss over Hazard tbh, he's got brilliant dribbling ability, great technique but he just doesn't do enough for me. To be rated as high as he is, and in his position you'd think he was getting 15 goals and at least as many assists. He's going on 25, not like he has bags of potential. Can see Sterling doing better this season.

I am not so sure Hazard is overrated. It seems to me he struggles because they rely tpo much on him and because of the system Chelsea play. If he played for us, he would look sensational.

As for Fabregas, I have always thought he is overrated. A flattrack bully, in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.