Bigga, any recommendations for good hip hop at the moment? I go through periods of trying to give new hip hop a chance, then crying in anger and deleting everything cos its shit.

shevtheblue said:
Bigga, any recommendations for good hip hop at the moment? I go through periods of trying to give new hip hop a chance, then crying in anger and deleting everything cos its shit.

Feel the same, pal.

It has lost its edge and soul, somehow trying change the game. There's nothing wrong with new styles and format, but these days, nobody has anything interesting to say and almost everyone sounds like they're copying each other.

I'm bored of today's 'Hip Hop'.

I'll just keep 'Diggin' in the Crates' til something catches my ear again.

For the both of you:

Section.80 - Kendrick Lamar
good kid, M.A.A.D. city - Kendrick Lamar
R.A.P. Music - Killer Mike
History Will Absolve Me - Billy Woods
The Money Store - Death Grips
Live.Love.A$AP - A$AP Rocky
Twelve Reasons to Die - Ghostface Killah
1991 - Azealia Banks
Fantasea - Azealia Banks
Habits & Contradictions - Schoolboy Q
Cancer for Cure - El-P
Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels
Skelethon - Aesop Rock

MCFC BOB said:
For the both of you:

1991 - Azealia Banks
Fantasea - Azealia Banks
Cancer for Cure - El-P
Skelethon - Aesop Rock

Pro Era, The underachievers, Clear soul fources, Flatbrush Zombies, Action Bronson, Stik Figa ????????????????

Josh Blue said:
MCFC BOB said:
For the both of you:

1991 - Azealia Banks
Fantasea - Azealia Banks
Cancer for Cure - El-P
Skelethon - Aesop Rock

Pro Era, The underachievers, Clear soul fources, Flatbrush Zombies, Action Bronson, Stik Figa ????????????????
Pro Era and The Underachievers, absolutely. Quasimoto and Young Fathers are working checking out too.

Not a fan of Action Bronson so much.

shevtheblue said:
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

nehe11 said:
shevtheblue said:
That's not really new hip-hop, is it? It's a massive player in the genre, and probably one of the biggest jazz-rap releases of all time, though.

MCFC BOB said:
nehe11 said:
shevtheblue said:
That's not really new hip-hop, is it? It's a massive player in the genre, and probably one of the biggest jazz-rap releases of all time, though.
It´s timeless and I missed "at the moment" part. It´s more hip-hop than Jazz that´s for sure but yes the low end theory is very much influenced by jazz or rather be bop.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:33 pm --<br /><br />
nehe11 said:
MCFC BOB said:
nehe11 said:
It´s timeless and I missed "at the moment" part. It´s more hip-hop than Jazz that´s for sure but yes the low end theory is very much influenced by jazz or rather be bop.
Do you like the album yourself?

Cheers guys. If you lot haven't already heard these then i would recommend the Cookin' Soul mixtapes:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cookinsoul.com/p/mixtapes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cookinsoul.com/p/mixtapes.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.