Hit and run

How can anyone hit and kill an 11 and 12 year old and just drive off, my head would be going under the wheel

How can anyone hit and kill an 11 and 12 year old and just drive off, my head would be going under the wheel
The telling thing here is that, it seems, at least 4 people in that car were of the same mind and gave no thought for the little girls. I appreciate it may transpire that only one of them was in the car and the others were arrested for helping him/obstructing police etc.

Either way those involved deserve long stretches,which of course they won't get.

Seems like they haven't a clue which one of the men was at the wheel. Unless one of them grasses, don't be surprised if nobody faces the most serious charges that could be levelled at them.

There will be a lot of anger about that but without a reliable witness it will be hard to prove and thus successfully prosecute.

As stated, lack of policing is a major contributor to this. Can't remember the last time I saw police pull someone over for bad driving despite seeing multiple illegal and dangerous manoeuvres every day.

I remember something local a few years back, where they all said they couldn't remember who was driving the car in a hit and run after an argument, so nobody was charged for it, I think one got done for lying, but that was it.

All 4 have been charged. Result.

Edit: their names will probably be released now, I wonder whether the 2 poor girls belonged to the same family as the ones who have been charged?

All 4 have been charged. Result.

Edit: their names will probably be released now, I wonder whether the 2 poor girls belonged to the same family as the ones who have been charged?

Not quite but close enough.

Gabor Hegedus, 38, of Oldham has been charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving, conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, driving without a licence, failing to stop after a collision and failing to report the collision.

David Orsos, 18, Janos Kalanyos, 50, and Zoltan Peto, 49, also of Oldham, have been charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

They were remanded in custody and are all due to appear at Tameside Magistrates’ Court at 2pm today.

Not quite but close enough.

Gabor Hegedus, 38, of Oldham has been charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving, conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, driving without a licence, failing to stop after a collision and failing to report the collision.

David Orsos, 18, Janos Kalanyos, 50, and Zoltan Peto, 49, also of Oldham, have been charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

They were remanded in custody and are all due to appear at Tameside Magistrates’ Court at 2pm today.
Great news this, and nice to see the CPS make quick decisions.

One of them was released without charge, so it sounds like he did the decent thing and grassed the driver up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.