Holidays

This is our first 'proper' holiday in the UK for a very long time.
Walked up Snowden a week last Friday and the weather for sat was for sun.
About half a mile from the peak the wind and low cloud came in. 200 metres from the top the rain started. Thought we'd get the train down, oh no chance the fucking thing had stopped due to the weather. Thought I'd have a warm drink in the cafe, not open as the staff can't get there, wtf?
Came down the whole way in my shorts as I couldn't be arsed putting my waterproof pants on and then didn't realise there was a nice cosy pub at the bus stop because we stood at the wrong one in the rain for 40 minutes.
Took six days for my boots to dry.
On to Portmeirion where it rained on and off.
Then to Tenby where we had two days of rain and 45mph winds during the night.
Currently in Somerset where we actually saw the sun for the morning cycling to Cheddar Gorge.
Today has been overcast but dry unlike Weston Super Mare that is a dank and fucking miserable. On to Weymouth tomorrow and finishing the grand tour in Brighton next weekend.

Thank fuck City now play in Europe as well, but those four sunny days in Nice seem a long time ago.

Aw, Tenby is stunning if you get the weather. Went two years ago doing something similar to you but mainly touring Wales, as it was the first time we left our lad at home and didn't want to go too far. We got great weather. At least there's a ton of nice pubs there. Love Cheddar Gorge too and well done on Snowdonia. Me and the wife did a 17 mile walk up the Great Orme and on to Conwy and back this year. Killed me!!

It's a shame we can't rely on weather in the UK.

@blueparrot just on the last train from Menton back to Nice. Many thanks for the recommendation; we loved it. We may even base ourselves here for a week next year. Loved the old town and the narrow streets in the hills and had a fab meal in one of the squares. Cheers.

@blueparrot just on the last train from Menton back to Nice. Many thanks for the recommendation; we loved it. We may even base ourselves here for a week next year. Loved the old town and the narrow streets in the hills and had a fab meal in one of the squares. Cheers.
How is Menton? Lived above a bar in the centre for 6 months way back. Remember there was a fake beach, a monestry up a hill and a camp sight on another one. We walked to Monaco and back one day. That was a hike!

How is Menton? Lived above a bar in the centre for 6 months way back. Remember there was a fake beach, a monestry up a hill and a camp sight on another one. We walked to Monaco and back one day. That was a hike!

Hey mate it's great. The monastery was closed off as they had an opera and dinner event so you could not get to it. Walked around the narrow streets in the hills. They were amazing. My wife still cannot answer how you get the wheelie bins down!! Yeah we fancied the walk to Monaco(from Nice) but it's seriously hot here at the moment that the walk from the promenade to the hotel is a stretch. Hiring bikes tomorrow so may try Monaco though we had a day there on Sunday; even found Guinness!!

Tbilisi in Georgia for me in October. Most Blues will know who City signed from Dinamo. I'm watching Wales play in the World Cup Qualifiers. If they don't get to Russia then I'll go somewhere bonkers next summer like Argentina, India or Morecambe.

Saddened with the Spain reports. Loved Malaga in January and want to go back. I still have my Los Boquerones shirt to blend in...

Tbilisi in Georgia for me in October. Most Blues will know who City signed from Dinamo. I'm watching Wales play in the World Cup Qualifiers. If they don't get to Russia then I'll go somewhere bonkers next summer like Argentina, India or Morecambe.

Saddened with the Spain reports. Loved Malaga in January and want to go back. I still have my Los Boquerones shirt to blend in...
Yep we had quite a few players in the 90s that went through Dinamo Tbilisi at some point in thier career.

Hey mate it's great. The monastery was closed off as they had an opera and dinner event so you could not get to it. Walked around the narrow streets in the hills. They were amazing. My wife still cannot answer how you get the wheelie bins down!! Yeah we fancied the walk to Monaco(from Nice) but it's seriously hot here at the moment that the walk from the promenade to the hotel is a stretch. Hiring bikes tomorrow so may try Monaco though we had a day there on Sunday; even found Guinness!!
Just had a Google map look, fuck me it's changed! Massive hotels, marinas etc etc. There's a small row of restaurants on the way towards Italy near the beach that we used to eat in...the town itself, the basilica etc etc but the rest of it...no memory or its newer than the early 90's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.