Homeless

I normally slip them a fiver. No biggie to me, but I'm sure they put it to good use. Rather give it to one of them than a charity.

Give to a charity and occasionally give out things like fresh socks/underwear, hot drinks etc etc.

As horrid as it sounds there are far too many fakers, as well as addicts to give cash direct to them.

well it's their choice, there is any number of shelters available, they are all wadded anyway, a daily mail reader told me.

just give food and a hot drink,if you really want to help go in a charity shop and get him some blankets,don't give them money
It's a scandal we have homeless people in this country,it really is by the grace of god so don't be a dick about them as it could happen to anyone

Spot on Karen. Mental issues, serious family problems, who knows what?

Socks, they want socks
07908f44946df081f5a81335f2fe2b4c.jpg

The difficulty I find is differentiating between those really in need and those who are just begging.

This is a sad reality to. Some guy outside the 192 spar stop in town was in that 24/7 cafe that used to be outside Piccadilly. I had missed the last 192 so went to sit in there to wait for the next one in 2 hours. The bloke poured out about 400 quid at the absolute least, this was around 2001. He was actually cool to talk to and he openly said that was what he got from 8pm to 4am that night. I saw him another time going into a flat in deansgate with his tesco bag and bottle of vino in hand, swipes his vod for the modern expensive high rise flats and off he goes.

I see that and then look at those old fellas robbing that bank and think "good fucking effort lads". Let us not be shy here, nowt in those boxes was likely to be legit anyway

Some homeless people are on the streets due to a mental illness. Many years ago there were places that people with such illnesses could go to and be looked after, but they were closed down.
This is very true
Usually if someone's life has broken down through something like alcoholism its because of mental illness, being unable to handle the everyday stuff like paying bills.

Its absolutely shameful that rich countries like the UK and Oz dont help these people, give them a roof and some medical help, when I see people on the public purse living a life of extreme luxury and then see these poor devils sleeping on cold concrete I feel ashamed for our society.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.