Homeless

Was driving though Manchester today dashing from job to job as usual with my just bought meat and potato pies on the passenger seat, sat at a junction was a kid looked about 20 with a sign homeless and hungry well one less pie probably did me no harm hope he enjoyed it at least it was still warm.

There's a true saying most people are just one paycheck away from food banks, with homelessness following if it was to continue, please spare a thought and think for the grace of God this could be you sometimes just a chat and positive words can make a whole lot of a difference to someone's day

Every single homeless person is mentally ill? Some are ex-squaddies who never adjusted to civvy street etc. I know a few who were homeless at some point in their life and had just fallen on hard times. They’d sofa surf or sleep rough in places until they got back straight.

No, not all are mentally ill

Do they not have families? I understand if they were in the care system or are immigrants but we’d never allow anyone in ours to live like that.

In our old houseshare, the gaffer’s brother was on the sofa until someone moved out to free up a room. His wife had kicked him out...
They wont face the shame of even telling their family of their fall from grace.the family may have no clue.

They wont face the shame of even telling their family of their fall from grace.the family may have no clue.
probably the most insightful comment on this thread.
Apart from one utterly crass post, this thread has been generally adult, the lack of right wing dogma a pleasant surprise compared to similar threads in the past. One thing is a cast-iron certainty, very few rough sleepers are there by choice, and the problem can only get in this age of austerity

Apart from one utterly crass post, this thread has been generally adult, the lack of right wing dogma a pleasant surprise compared to similar threads in the past. One thing is a cast-iron certainty, very few rough sleepers are there by choice, and the problem can only get in this age of austerity

I couldn’t disagree more. In our family we would simply know if someone had fallen on hard times.

As I said, I knew a man who was homeless and he was in a shelter within nights and then rehoused as priority. He’d been visited nightly by outreach workers whilst he slept rough.

Some homeless people are on the streets due to a mental illness. Many years ago there were places that people with such illnesses could go to and be looked after, but they were closed down.

The massive supermarket, TGI Fridays and kfc now where the hospital used to be in Prestwich says it all.

Absolutely right mate.
Im literally ashamed of our society that its politicians do nothing about the homeless.
Why dont churches offer them a roof?
I personally know someone who suffered depression and became an alcoholic, he ended up on the streets.
The only help he got was from The Sally Army, they gave him a place in one of their rehab centres and literally saved his life.
These of course are volunteers, relying on donations. I take my hat off to them.

Absolutely right mate.
Im literally ashamed of our society that its politicians do nothing about the homeless.
Why dont churches offer them a roof?
I personally know someone who suffered depression and became an alcoholic, he ended up on the streets.
The only help he got was from The Sally Army, they gave him a place in one of their rehab centres and literally saved his life.
These of course are volunteers, relying on donations. I take my hat off to them.
That's not correct Nimrod they send you off to the dole you have to fill housing benefit forms in etc if you don't get housing benefit paid to them you get fucked off I know this for a fact as a close friend of mine ended up in the one on wilmot street when his misses kicked him out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.