Homophobia in football

Kudos for walking off and not caring about the playoffs. I wish we'd have done similar in CL group stages when our players have been racially abused.

Me too - authorities handing out paltry fines for racist and homophobic behaviour stinks.

If more teams said no fuck it and fuck your competition things would change. Solidarity from others would be better - teams like this get a bye because they forfeit the game and the opponents in the next round say " nah fuck it we don't wanna play homophobes" - what do they do? Another bye and in the end they win the trophy by default not having played a game? Sponsors and TV wouldn't wear that. The guilty would be kicked out so games were played.

Me too - authorities handing out paltry fines for racist and homophobic behaviour stinks.

If more teams said no fuck it and fuck your competition things would change. Solidarity from others would be better - teams like this get a bye because they forfeit the game and the opponents in the next round say " nah fuck it we don't wanna play homophobes" - what do they do? Another bye and in the end they win the trophy by default not having played a game? Sponsors and TV wouldn't wear that. The guilty would be kicked out so games were played.
It would only need to happen a couple of times - as soon as TV/ad/ betting revenue is threatened just watch how quick reform happens! Fining a club about 10% of some players weekly wage is never going to do anything.

It would only need to happen a couple of times - as soon as TV/ad/ betting revenue is threatened just watch how quick reform happens! Fining a club about 10% of some players weekly wage is never going to do anything.

spot on - I have seen football associations fined less than the value of my house - i.e. sub £200k - for racist chanting. Is it right I can bale rich clubs and FA's with a bit of equity release lol?

That's what I like about the women's game. At least you can be openly gay or bi there. I'm sure your squad have a gay player or two. Chelsea have a couple. The rags and BHA have lesbian managers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.