Homosexuality in football: Three players speaking to FA about coming out, says MP

Was about to say....

They have a choice to be public about it or not.
It is their Ego which dictates whether they hold hands with their partner in public or not.

Or maybe fear of certain sportswear companies not having deals with them if they came out?
Thus losing financially...

Hmm.
Fuck all to do with ego and fuck all to do with finances either.

To think that no professional footballer (out of the tens of thousands playing here over the years) hasn't done so because they've got an ego or might lose out on a couple of quod from Nike is ridiculous.

I know you find it hard to make a post without referring to money and/or it being the root of all evil/you being skint, but in my opinion it's got the sum total of fuck all to do with this thread.

Oh legally for sure in the U.K. And any of the countries where it's legal (it's illegal in 76 in punishable by death in 6).

But they obviously don't feel they are able.

I think from a footballers point of view the fear isn't from within the club I would imagine it's an open secret just the reaction from a minority of the great British public. That said though it doesn't seem to be a problem for actors,singers politicians and many others in the publics awareness. Because it's been hidden for so long is the only reason it's a story. This really should have been dealt with a decade ago.

I think from a footballers point of view the fear isn't from within the club I would imagine it's an open secret just the reaction from a minority of the great British public. That said though it doesn't seem to be a problem for actors,singers politicians and many others in the publics awareness. Because it's been hidden for so long is the only reason it's a story. This really should have been dealt with a decade ago.
You're not wrong but it doesn't help them right now. The first two or three will be a huge story, may affect their form due to media glare, they may worry clubs won't buy them, or renew their contracts etc

Fuck all to do with ego and fuck all to do with finances either.

To think that no professional footballer (out of the tens of thousands playing here over the years) hasn't done so because they've got an ego or might lose out on a couple of quod from Nike is ridiculous.

I know you find it hard to make a post without referring to money and/or it being the root of all evil/you being skint, but in my opinion it's got the sum total of fuck all to do with this thread.
Money is not the problem, however the way In which banks dictate how money is created literally out of thin air is evil (the problem) and keeps society enslaved.
If you had no debt and or facility to maintain debt repayment and lost your house/wife/life as you knew it I'm sure you'd feel differently about how banks operate.

And they are choosing not to be public.
If parts of society ostracises them for being publicly gay then this says more about the backwards elements of society than it does about the gay footballer, and I personally would point the finger more at this section of society and laugh at their lack of understanding.

You say you prefer not to know and that's great but it's not really the point. Gay footballers aren't able to live the normal life, live with partners, get married to their Partner or even hold hands in the street or anything remotely resembling that.

I don't think they'll be sending you a letter to announce what turns them on.
Yes you are right mate. I understand the motivation and I wholeheartedly support that they shall have same rights as everyone else. In all matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.