Hotels in Manchester

Groupon.

de97fb5ffa5e3d3170564f8bc54bc5f3.jpg

What on earth is going on with the prices in the last year or two?

Used to be able to get a reasonable room (Premier Inn type, or equivalent) in the city for around £60-80 per night, now it's a struggle to get one for less than £100.

I travel a fair distance for games, so occasionally like to stay over and relax after a game, rather than be rushing around but it's getting to the point where it's just not affordable any more.

By contrast I was looking at hotels in Newcastle for the boxing day game, and I can get 2, or even 3 nights there, for the same price as one in Manchester on a non-holiday time!

I do this as well......however I don't stay in the city centre but choose places like Hale, Altrincham or North of the City. (Any where which is on the Metrolink or Train lines) Much better rates and theres still loads going on

Motel One. Think there's a couple in town, I noticed one had opened on cross street opposite the royal exchange theatre when I walked past the other week.

A VERY good budget/mid range hotel. I stopped over in one on a recent business trip to Vienna

Motel One. Think there's a couple in town, I noticed one had opened on cross street opposite the royal exchange theatre when I walked past the other week.

A VERY good budget/mid range hotel. I stopped over in one on a recent business trip to Vienna
I stay at the one opposite Piccadilly station when i am in Manchester and find them reasonable

I'm staying in Premier Inn Portland Street for the Everton game, Got the room for £37.
Midweek games are always cheaper but I cannot stay up for them, due to work.

I have booked a hotel for the Liverpool game, staying at the Jurys Inn near the Rain Bar, it's £139 for a night, no brekkie, got a twin with a mate that's coming up. Used to be able to get a room each for that much.

To put it into perspective, I have booked three nights at the Jury's Inn in Newcastle for Christmas night onwards, and paid less, including breakfast, (132.20) than for one night in Manchester, scandalous.

During my last visit to Manchester. Stayed at 24/7 hotel Oldham. It was about 65$ for the night . About 30mins out of city ctre by bus iic. Very friendly staff, even though design not v modern but i had a clean room that had what I needed. There were a kebab pizza shop on the other side of the road with big variety n good price. I would probably stay there again when visiting Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.