Hours you work?

Work as a network engineer, officially 35 hours a week (very flexible 9am-5pm with an hour for lunch). Very little evenings/weekends or oncall stuff which is rare in IT jobs and I get to manage my own time and work from home when not on customer sites. Not great money £25k but the works van means no travel costs, so more than comfortable for us as a family really.

I could easily move into a project engineer/management role or do the same job in the city centre for another £5-10k but can't be fucked with the additional commuting and stress.

Work as a network engineer, officially 35 hours a week (very flexible 9am-5pm with an hour for lunch). Very little evenings/weekends or oncall stuff which is rare in IT jobs and I get to manage my own time and work from home when not on customer sites. Not great money £25k but the works van means no travel costs, so more than comfortable for us as a family really.

I could easily move into a project engineer/management role or do the same job in the city centre for another £5-10k but can't be fucked with the additional commuting and stress.

You are a network engineer.
Is it possible to incur calls to different numbers private and bussiness without ever having a phone plugged into the socket.
We are with BT and are experiancing an ongoing issue of being invoiced for calls not made.We just utilize the broadband element.
I feel sure they will rectify the matter and they have already wiped the £3.20 charges pending further investigation but how is this even remotely possible ?

You are a network engineer.
Is it possible to incur calls to different numbers private and bussiness without ever having a phone plugged into the socket.
We are with BT and are experiancing an ongoing issue of being invoiced for calls not made.We just utilize the broadband element.
I feel sure they will rectify the matter and they have already wiped the £3.20 charges pending further investigation but how is this even remotely possible ?

Well IT network engineer, not BT/Openreach thankfully. BT are the bane of my life. Nothing would surprise me with them, I don't see how it's possible to incur call charges without a phone plugged in as voice and data are completely separate but anything is possible with them. You'd obviously pay line rental but that should be it.

About 55 hours a week
About 5 hours for my 'side' job
About 8 hours a week for my degree

Roughly 40 hours per week. I haven't worked a weekend or later than 3:30 (ish) in over ten years.
I don't know how people can work 9 -5. I'm awake at 6:00am anyway, might as well go to work and be home by 4:00pm.
Self employed so I don't get paid for holidays or sick days but I don't care about making more money.
I work so that I can afford to go away when I want.

Do a job you like mate and you'll never do a days work in your life
this is me. its not work to me.
due to a change in circumstances though I have cut my hours. I now only do 6 days a week. I no longer do Sundays. I also tend to finish around 4.30 -5ish. of course if city are playing I always leave in time or maybe not even go in at all. so barring city games I do around 42 hours a week.

I work 24 hours - 7 days full and then get 7 days off.
I manage a kids home. I have overnight awake staff to deal with a kid who may get up in the night (and to clean the place up) but if there is a new intake at 2am or a kid needs to go to hospital, then I'm up dealing with that.
Love the job, long hours (I get up 6.30am to get the kids - 12 of them up for school and am usually in my room around 10pm) but I have half the year off..... the last few months I've been to England for 6 days, last week on a cruise for 5 days, off to see Morrissey in LA, NY and Philly in November and December. And live rent free too.....

37.5 contracted but often do more (normally up to 5hrs but then it all goes down as TOIL after that).
Travel time varies depending on which office I am in but do spend a lot of time commuting on the train to London/Croydon upto 3 days per week ( 3hrs each way). Don't generally mind it as I can say my day has started as soon as I get on the train and open my laptop up.
Try to balance it by working from home a bit and early finishes, which always seems coincides with when city are playing during the week :-). I even have the clients trained to realise that I won't be available when it's a midweek match after 3pm. But to counterbalance it give them support at other times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.