House Buying / Selling Thread

Bumping this as we are planning on selling our house in a few months. Anyone got any advice on Estate Agents? An online service will come in at £850 where as the high st agents want 1% (circa £1,900). I’m tempted by the high st agent on the basis they have lists of people looking in the area and will do more to arrange / co-ordinate viewings and will do them for us. Online agents want extra for showing people round so that would be more cost or possible time off work etc. Estate agents get dogs abuse so what do I need to know before I sign up.

Anyone in the process of buying / selling – how’s it going?

I prefer dealing with people and was impressed by one agent in particular.
Nothing to do with the fact she was around 28 with a figure to die for.

I offered them £1200 plus vat for their full service which works out at around 0.7%. They came back to me and accepted.

Haven't marketed it yet as can't find what we want but am impressed by their service to this point.

Just sold ours totally out the blue, Christ not done this for 10 years, o now is going to be a mad rush to find something.

Finally sold the money pit to a buy to letter after loads of pissing about with valuers. Lost about a grand on it in total so not too bad. Dozy high st agent forgot too take their commission.
Got daughter and family in a nice old ex-council with gardens in nice area, two car drive, 3 bed's and playrooms for 130k.

Thought those' homeowner packs' the government introduced where to make things easier but the reality is they're a total waste of time and money.

Finally sold the money pit to a buy to letter after loads of pissing about with valuers. Lost about a grand on it in total so not too bad. Dozy high st agent forgot too take their commission.
Got daughter and family in a nice old ex-council with gardens in nice area, two car drive, 3 bed's and playrooms for 130k.

Thought those' homeowner packs' the government introduced where to make things easier but the reality is they're a total waste of time and money.

Pretty sure the packs are redundant now. You need your EPC (Energy thing) and that is it. Has the agent come back for their commission or have you got away with it? How long did it take you to sell?

Pretty sure the packs are redundant now. You need your EPC (Energy thing) and that is it. Has the agent come back for their commission or have you got away with it? How long did it take you to sell?

The deal is done and all signed off so they can whistle for the comm if they ask.
Took 1 day to find a buyer and 3 months to get sorted. Buy to letters lenders want everything checked and their solicitor was useless. The person we bought off had a deposit on a new build but it took so long that the builders told them get paying in 7 days or we sell to someone else. Miraculously, with 3 sales about to fall through the solicitors managed to sort it in 2 days..
Quick heads up regarding solicitors transferring funds; the bastards made daughter wait til after 2pm for keys to be released as they waited til after 2 to transfer cash. Seems that way they get a full days interest on it while it's in their accounts.

Just sold ours totally out the blue, Christ not done this for 10 years, o now is going to be a mad rush to find something.

Housing market on the move ? Similarly, partners daughter who lives Chadderton had her property on and off sale over the past few years, then unexpectedly was sold a month ago, leaving her urgently in need of a new home. Luckily the only requirement for the new one was an extra bedroom. She is now in the process of buying a new home not far from her present one, albeit at a slightly higher price !

Homeowners packs were abolished.

An energy efficiency form is compulsory though.

When we moved house we sold it 5 times before it actually went through. It took about two and a half years but was "sold subject to contract" for over two years. Each time the chain broke down before completion.

We became so pessimistic that we didnt really bother making any plans to move out after we'd agreed the 5th sale. It came as a shock when the solicitor rang to say that we would be completing the following day. Spent the rest of the day arranging the removal and finding somewhere to live.

When we moved house we sold it 5 times before it actually went through. It took about two and a half years but was "sold subject to contract" for over two years. Each time the chain broke down before completion.

We became so pessimistic that we didnt really bother making any plans to move out after we'd agreed the 5th sale. It came as a shock when the solicitor rang to say that we would be completing the following day. Spent the rest of the day arranging the removal and finding somewhere to live.

That sound horrible. I'm hoping for 3 months from sale agreed to moving out, realistic? I guess a lot depends on who you accept as a buyer - if its a genuine cash buyer it could be a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.